New Jersey - South

Asking some one to be my BM.....

Hi girls -

so i'm having an issue .. well not really but 

....  I have a friend of mine who ive been friends with since like middle school I consider her like my besttt friend! we stopped talking for a few years (2) and we just started like talking again on FB/text and going out - the problem is that she is from North Jersey (where im from) and I live in South Jersey, she hasnt been down to see my house or come down to hang out, my fiance things its a bad idea to make her my BM since she hasnt been down here at all.

I really wanna ask her too - I just dont know how to ask her ...
what do you grls think???

Can I pls get some help :(

thx grls
<3

Re: Asking some one to be my BM.....

• edited December 2011
    I think you should do what you want to do - she's your friend and possible BM!  How far away is your wedding? Do you have some time to wait before asking to see how things go? Just a thought!! 

GL!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I guess I should add that I am in a similar situation.  My best friend and I have been friends for 20 years.  She lives in north jersey (actually right across the border in NY) and live down here and have been down here for 6 years.  FI and I bought a house 2 years ago and she has never been down to see it.  And we can go 2 months without talking sometimes.  But whenever we are together its like we still saw each other every day and she is more like a sister to me.  I know that it is going to be hard being so far away but she is going to be MOH!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dvargas028Dvargas028 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

my wedding is nxt yr Sept 22 ... I was first going to ask her to be my MOH but i asked my fiances sister since she lives around here.

I really want to ask her soon - have any ideas of how i shld ask her ..... txt message/phone call/ or wait till we hang out?

• shannon1787shannon1787 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    make sure you give it a lot of thought and don't ask anyone too soon, you never know what the status of your friendship will be like by next September.  But, if this is what you want, then go for it! I would either do it on the phone or wait until you see her again.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is next Sept. 15!!  I asked all my BM already because i knew they weren't changing.   If you decide to definitely ask her, I would see if maybe you guys could meet up for lunch/dinner/drinks and ask her then.  Even if you guys meet somewhere half way!  Princeton is pretty central and has some great restaurants!

GL

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lynzy333lynzy333 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Def be careful who you ask.  Distance is not always a factor.  My bf for the past 10 years lives in NYC and sometimes it is months that we cant see eachother but she is a BM in my wedding and very happy about it.  On the other hand, I asked my FI cousin to be on who I WAS happy with who lives around here and I regret every second of it. Make sure the people who will be good to/for you are the ones that are in it!!
  • edited December 2011
    I would wait a while and see how the friendship progresses. You have a while to go and things can change in a whole year :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards