New Jersey - South

Need photographer rec and average cost!

Hello all!

I still have awhile yet until my wedding. (February 20, 2011) I am in the process of seeking out a photographer. Any recommendations you have, I would love! And what does the average cost seem to be?

Thanks a bunch!

-Michelle
Anniversary

Re: Need photographer rec and average cost!

• edited December 2011

Hi Michelle welcome to the board. The average cost will depend on what you are looking for. If you need parent albums, extra portraits etc. We looked at a lot of photographers in the area and ended up going with AlimarioPhoto that was a referral from a fellow knottie. We had our engagement session with him and we are so happy that we chose him! He is great to work with and was willing to customize a package to fit within our budget. HTH

www.alimariophoto.com

• edited December 2011
    Hello Michelle.
    Welcome to the board.
    I am using Tina Mckendry-Yocume - 609-320-7937, she is really flexible and what not. Like she is doing my package for about 700 dollars. I  am getting alot for that so I mean like it just depends on what you want done for your day. Hope you find someone that suits your needs! happy planning!!!!

-Shaki
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I'm using Jordan Brian Photography. I love him! His pictures are amazing, however he is pricey. His packages start at 3,500. Good luck!
  • NJ789NJ789 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Meyer Photography in Williamstown, www.richmeyerphoto.com is their site and their prices are on there.  They were great and I cannot say enough great things about them.  GL!
  • cinderblock23cinderblock23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard so many horror stories about photographers.  One of my friends actually had to take her photographer to court! 
    Anyway, I am using Cindy Patrick (she's out of Moorestown).  I know someone who used her and loved her.
    Check out her site.  www.cpatrickphoto.com. She is updating it right now,but you can still see some pictures on her blog.  It's around $3000, but I'll pay the money to get a good photographer who will take good pictures and actually give me the album afterwards.
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    I am using Marc Anthony Photography, and we LOVE him.  His packages start at $2000.  But he is great because he won't nickel and dime you to death.

http://www.marcanthonyphoto.com

GL!
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome, we are using David Humphrey's.  He has a bunch of packages, most of all we get all our photos on disc with the rights to reproduce them.  I've done it already with my engagement photos.  Much cheaper to pick the ones you like and order them from snapfish or shutterfly.
  • Sami_GSami_G member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're also using David Humphreys.  We're paying $2,000.  His website is dhumphreys.com. 
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! We used Jean and Steve Photography for our e pics and our wedding and the pictures came out great! We already have our proof book full of about 400 pics that we get to keep and soon we will be ordering our bridal album and parent albums.   We also get a disc with all of our pics and few 8 x 10 prints and some bigger sizes too.  I think their packages run from $1000-$4000, all depending upon what package you want.  GL
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm using a very affordable photographer who lists his prices right on his website:  www.betterimagephoto.net. HTH!
  • delia2delia2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ugh... i blew my budget on my photographer.. but it includes engagement session and tons of upgrades..(i dont even wanna say how much... makes me nauseaus..)
  • edited December 2011
    We used Jenn Childress and she was absolutley fantastic!  I couldn't love my photos more and Jenn was great to work with.  Prices would depend on the package you choose.  You can check out our pics at www.jennchildphoto.com our wedding is "Mike and Eileen".
  • amymk910amymk910 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im using perfect day photography..they've been great so far and affordable!
  • edited December 2011
    I used Sarah Schulte Photography and she is amazing!  Her packages started at $2500 but I think they may have gone up a bit since.  Review in bio. 
    imageAnniversary
  • sugar2515sugar2515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Melissa Schmid and have been VERY happy so far (just had epics).  Her prices were very resonable and included 2 photographers (her & her husband), so that was a huge plus for us.

http://www.issyschmidimaging.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Inger from Keepsake Studios!  She did my bat-mitzvah and my brother's bar-mitzvah and she's fantastic!  She is totally willing to work with any budget, big or small and she takes wonderful pictures.  She is very easy to work with and is extremely accomodating!  Check her out at www.keepsakestudios.com 

She does a practice run, no strings attached to see what she's like.  My FI and I are the 2nd couple featured on her website for the practice runs...at the University of Delaware (where we both went)
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • lineallowsforlineallowsfor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Leslie Barbaro.  My package is about $2700 and includes an engagment session and a 2nd photographer.

http://www.lesliebarbarophoto.com
  • delia5588delia5588 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOW - thank you everyone for all the feedback!! I just got around to finding this post that I had made.... still trying to get used to the layout of this website. ;) ha! 

I definitely plan on checking out all of your recommendations over the next week. I appreciate it!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards