New Jersey - South

Karen Capcino - tipping? and other checks!!

Hey Guys!! I know this has been posted beore but way back so i figured id ask again :)
I'm having my trial with Karen this weekend, and just wondering if you did tip her for her services, and if so what %? I know some people say no since its her own business, but did you feel weird not doing so after she did all that work? I just am not sure what the etiquette with that is!? Also, we sent out our invites today!! I had kits and made them all myself, along with printing the envelopes and making direction cards, they looked great in my opinoin and im hoping noone has any negative comments to make about them!! I feel like we're getting so close!!! AH!! Ok thanks ladies!!

Re: Karen Capcino - tipping? and other checks!!

• edited December 2011
    I always heard that when it is their own business you don't have to tip them. But I would most likely tip, because that is just how I am.  Congrats on sending your invites out  Smile
  • mhobbs919mhobbs919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thankss!! i think id feel weird NOT tipping her after that - but i wasn't sure waht the correct thing to do was!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I dont think there is a certain percentage to tip.  When I have the trial, I'll probably bring smaller bills so I can change the tip amount if I want.  When I go to the hair salon, I usually tip based on how long they take and how I like it.  If Karen spends 2 hours working to get everything how you like, and you leave feeling happy with it, then you can tip her more.  Just dont tip a lot because you dont want that expectation to carry over to your actual day-of services!

Good luck!  If you take pics, can you post them or send me a private message?  I'm using Karen too, but my trial wont be schedule for a few months.  Thanks
  • Amy4282Amy4282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, if you could post pics that would be great.  I am also using Karen but my wedding isnt til the fall, so my trial wont be for awhile!
  • mhobbs919mhobbs919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i def will guys!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards