New Jersey - South

Veil?

I'm just wondering what you ladies have chosen or not chosen for a veil?  Any reasons?

I've been thinking of wearing one only during the ceremony. If I choose to wear one, it would be a short veil that is clipped in the back underneath my updo. Still undecided though

Thanks ladies! :)

-Michelle
Anniversary

Re: Veil?

• edited December 2011
    I haven't decided yet, either. When I tried them on I felt weird wearing one, so I think I'm leaning towards not wearing one.

That's not much help, i know :)
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hey!
    I wasn't going to wear one b/c when I was choosing my dress I had tried on a blusher and a short veil that would go over my face, but it was too much. I am wearing a lace jacket over my dress, so it was too busy. HOWEVER, I saw a photo in a magazine of a cathedral veil drapping off the back of a similar dress to mine and I had to try it on - so I went back to the store tried it and fell in love. It doesn't go over my face at all - it will be drapping off of the mid back of my head. Im not very traditional so that was a nother reason I wasnt gonna wear one, but I will be getting married in a beautiful Catholic Church so I feel like my veil will compliment the beauty and drama of the church, and my FI will love it - hes the traditional one. HOPE this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • delia5588delia5588 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input, girls!

I'm not traditional either. Or religious. Fiance and I are non-denominational, although we have a lot of different religion's running through our families. We're getting married on location at The Mansion. It's a separate hall off of the reception building, that very much feels like a chapel. We're having an officiant marry us. It's not a very religious ceremony (although we are doing the unity candle). I know my parents would love to see me wear a veil, but there is no preassure to. I want to make them happy, so I was thinking to wear one just during the ceremony.

Here's the veil I've been looking at: http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Short-Pencil-Edge-Embellished-Veil-V5156_Accessories-Veils-Short

Mine would be pinned in the back, so you wouldn't see it as much looking head on.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I wore a veil just because i think it completes the outfit.  However, halfway through the ceremony my veil flew off and it wasnt on the rest of the day!!  Its definately a personal decision. 

Our ceremony was non denominational and took place on the lawn outside our reception hall.  I knew i didnt want to do the veil over the face, but i wanted the veil for at least some of our pictures!

if you want to see pics let me know i will send you the link!
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • edited December 2011
    That is a beautiful veil!

I never even considered not having one.  Mine is finger-tip length and I am also planning on wearing it in the back for the ceremony. 

I don't think the website picture does much for it though... http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Fingertip-Length-Two-Tier-Veil-with-Scallop-Edge-689_Accessories-Veils-Mid-Length
  • shannon1787shannon1787 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am wearing mine clipped into the top of an up-do during the ceremony/pictures and taking it off during the reception.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I wore my veil for just the ceremony and formal pictures.  I dont' regret wearing it, but it ended up being surprisingly annoying.  Everytime my husband put his arm around my back, he would forget to go underneath the veil.  The veil kept getting pulled down from his arm around my back, which would in turn pull my hair.  Thank God for lots of hair spray.  : )
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_veil-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:83034ae0-95a5-480d-919a-d8a2b7a144d8Post:5a2f7a95-a557-4eeb-8c34-0e27033f278a">Re: Veil?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wore my veil for just the ceremony and formal pictures.  I dont' regret wearing it, but it ended up being surprisingly annoying.  Everytime my husband put his arm around my back, he would forget to go underneath the veil.  The veil kept getting pulled down from his arm around my back, which would in turn pull my hair.  Thank God for lots of hair spray.  : )
    Posted by aneresRN[/QUOTE]

Ditto all the above!  I wore just a tiara for the reception.
  • delia5588delia5588 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!!! I'm going to make the purchase.

My sister (MOH) made me a beautiful hair comb that I will be worked into my updo. I think the veil will look very elegant having it underneath my low updo.

I will have to post a picture of it.
    Anniversary
  • rmyers9983rmyers9983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am still up in the air as to whether I want to wear one.  My mom wants me to wear her old one, but it is very long.  I might wear it just for the ceremony and take it off for the reception. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards