New Jersey - South

Need Advice: Please help

Ok, so we sent out our invites and are getting the RSVP's back... We are not having kids at our wedding, except for those that are actually in the wedding...

However, we have gotten 2 replies back that say yes, with kids and one that is yes with 2 grandkids... How do we approach this??  I want them to come to the wedding and dont want them bringing kids to the wedidng the make or break of them coming, yet, dont really want a ton of kids there...

What do i do??  Please help!!

Thank you!!!

Re: Need Advice: Please help

• OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    This is best asked on the etiquette board.  Those ladies know their stuff about how you can stay firm, but politely tell the wedding guests that adding children to their guest count is not acceptable.
  • kellyrose6kellyrose6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!
  • BoldHartBoldHart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went through this as well and my approach worked pretty well. I had some extra RSVP cards so what I did was wrote a little note to the extent of "I just got your rsvp... I am so excited that you will be coming to our wedding! However, due to budgetary (or space) restraints I'm sad to say we can't accomodate your children/grandchildren. I hope you can understand. Please send back the enclosed RSVP so I know I will see you on our big day!"

it makies you not the bad guy... I know it can seem tacky but using cost or space as an excuse is always an easy out, good luck!!!
  • kellyrose6kellyrose6 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards