New Jersey - South

South NJ Wedding Venue Help

I need help locating a venue for my So. NJ wedding next fall. I would ideally like to have a barn wedding but there seems to be a serious lack in places that rent space like this in the South Jersey area. I would specifically like to be within 15-20 miles of the Cherry Hill area for my mother's health issues. I am going to look at Valenzano's Winery in Shamong, NJ but would prefer a barn or historical site.

Re: South NJ Wedding Venue Help

• cprice82cprice82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I need help locating a venue for my So. NJ wedding next fall. I would ideally like to have a barn wedding but there seems to be a serious lack in places that rent space like this in the South Jersey area. I would specifically like to be within 15-20 miles of the Cherry Hill area for my mother's health issues. I am going to look at Valenzano's Winery in Shamong, NJ but would prefer a barn or historical site.
  • gina613gina613 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know of any barn venues... I saw a new venue called The Bank on Main in Riverton... it used to be a bank and they kept the vault door inside. Might be too modern but who knows. It is still under construction so you'll have to stalk their website for photos to come, but there's a pic of what it's supposed to look like...

There are 2 other venues that have a lot of wood paneling on the inside which might give you a barn feel... Masso's Red Pine Inn in Glassboro and The Cranbury Inn in Cranbury (the only of the 3 where I've actually attended a wedding, and it was nice, not over the top wonderful but nice nonetheless, I'm not a picky girl!)... Glassboro is more local but not too close, and Cranbury is about an hour from Cherry Hill...wish I could be more helpful! Good luck with your search, if I think of anything else I'll be sure to post!

http://www.thebankonmain.com/
    http://www.massoscatering.com/pages/redpineinn.html
    http://thecranburyinn.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have no idea whether these places are available for rent but as I was reading your post I thought of Barclay farmstead in Cherry Hill and the Croft Farm in Cherry HIll. It might be something to look into.  I know they are historic buildings and I know they host events there but again I'm not sure if they are available for rent.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what your mother's health issues are, but i would seriously reconsider the barn idea. First a true barn may not be very handicap accessible. And a Barn location implies that it's out in the country and with an ailing mother I would think a location close to a hospital would be a better choice.

• cprice82cprice82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gina - Have the Bank on Main on my list of places to look into - my issue with that location is they only can have 100 ppl.  Right now I am thinking we'll have 120-150...Will definately look into the other two you mentioned though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards