New Jersey - South
Options

Quotes for Adelphia?

Nevermind, apparently I just never scrolled down to the last page of the email they sent me haha.

Re: Quotes for Adelphia?

• Options
    Hey there!  I got married there..let me know if you any questions.  They were great!
  • Options
    Thanks! Which ballroom were you in and why did you pick it? I know it says floral centerpieces included, were they decent if you use them? Thanks so much! Adelphia is one of my top contenders
  • Options
    We used the upstairs ballroom.  It is beautiful!!  Here are my thoughts:

Pros:

1. Everyone I worked with there was great!  
    2. An all inclusive package - the florals are really pretty, ice sculpture a great touch, and desert table was a hit!!  Also...what place lets you pick between different linen types, chair sashes, etc  A cash gift box for your guests also is available
    3.  The lighting in the upstairs ballroom was really pretty
    4.  Everything went very smoothly
    5  We had an outside caterer which they worked well with
    6.  The flower shop they work with is really nice and accomadating.  She came up to me the day of the wedding and made sure I liked everything
    7. We had several meetings with them before the wedding day and worked together on a time line.
    8.  Someone is assigned to you and hangs out with you the whole day..just for you!

Other things to keep in mind
    1. Both of the ballrooms upstairs and downstairs turn into seperate rooms so I am not sure if you can hear the another event if it is scheduled
    2.  The cake was not exactly what I I expected.  We picked several flavors and our guests kept on asking if there was another flavor besides for the one which was being handed out ( I am not sure what happened with this particular portion).  Since they have a HUGE dessert display, they package your wedding cake for everyone to take home with them.  
    3.  Cocktail hour for us worked out great since it was beautiful weather but I do not know if it would be really cramped if we had bad weather
    4.  The downstairs bridal room is a great touch for getting ready or a touch up if you need one.  I would advise not to put valuables there since it wasn't locked during our event.  We had asked someone to lock it several times...I just made sure I gave my purse to a family memeber to keep with them at the reception

Overall...I had a wonderful experience.  Remeber that no place is perfect and your wedding day will not go exactly as planned.  

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Thank you sooo much! I'll definitely keep all of that in mind!
  • Options
    No problem.. hope it helps!  This was my experience and I don't know if things were changed since we got married.  
  • Options
    I got married there last weekend so message me if you have any questions! we had the upstairs ballroom with the one side as our ceremony (left) and right side as the reception. cocktail hour was outside on the patio and the little inner space by the bar. weather was perfect for people to be in or out.

i agree with all of pearl's points. we worked with dan and he was awesome with email communication!!!

my cake also wasnt what i wanted as far as the design but i didn't let it get to me at all the day of and it didnt bother me.

we got an ice sculpture of a martini glass (we're not into other cheesey hearts or swans) and it turns out it had a shot luge in it! i know it sounds tacky but it was a hit at the wedding and it was great to see all the 'older' generation taking a shot! if you do it, just make sure you have them set a time to start and stop it. after a while it was hard to get people to stop watching and no one was on the dance floor!

we went to an outside florist so i can't say anything about the flowers (but they did take a few $ off PP since we used an outside one).

the money is so worth it for the food you get and the dessert selection! all i keep hearing is how pretty the place was and how good the food was. everyone liked that you get three types of dinners all at once!

if you use them message me and i'll give you some of my other vendors i used and the outdoor photo location spot!
    Spotofteadesigns.com - I blog about crafting, home decorating, baking, party planning and other creative things. See posts about my 9.22.12 wedding DIYs!
  • Options
    I looked at adelphia twice but only have enough guests for the room downstairs ... Anyone have thoughts on that room or been to a wedding help there I also plan to get married at the venue and they were splitting the room
    Up thoughts? Advice? I'm clueless thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards