New Jersey - South
Options

Studio Blue Photography Reviews??

I just received a great deal from Studio Blue and have been looking up reviews before I seriously consider booking them. I have heard great reviews and not so good reviews. Has anyone used them and how has was your experience?

Re: Studio Blue Photography Reviews??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Did you end up booking them? how did you like them? I am deciding right now....
  • Options
    Noodle123Noodle123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience with Studio Blue.  They matched me, based on my photo selections, with Glenn Davies (Philadelphia).   I was thrilled with the results!  The photographs were playful and gorgeous.  It unexpectedly snowed on the day of our October wedding, and Glenn was willing to run around in the snow to take some amazing photos.  Studio Blue is a difficult business to review.  It really is a gamble because you don't meet your photographer until the day of the wedding.  For me, it was worth the risk because I had a small wedding.  Also, I had heard that photographers who work with Studio Blue are talented photographers who just don't want to deal with the hassle or marketing of having their own business, or who just have weekends free to do additional weddings.  For me it was a great decision because you can't beat the pricing and it was exciting to roll the dice.  Hope this helps! 
  • Options
    I was very disappointed in Studio Blue. I was nervous the entire way through the process, but was reassured that my photographer was going to be great. When I was assigned him, and contacted him (Bruce Hillard), I came off as very nervous and detail-oriented (what bride-to-be wouldnt?!) and he reassured me that on the day of the wedding everything would go perfectly in regards to photography. While his calm and fun demeanor helped to make me feel at ease, I was very disappointed with the results after the wedding. Many shots were tilted and I hate that style. The shots of my walking down the aisle had cars in the background (gross) where as if he stood on the other side of me he could have prevented that. He missed out on the loving bride and groom shots that I truly wanted and would have cherished. In retrospect I should have given him a comprehensive list, but I was trying not to be so OCD about it. I wish I had, and I would have some photos of my wedding that I could cherish.

I would say, dont go with a photographer unless you feel 100% confortable with him/her, have specifically seen his/her work and have discussed in detail ahead of time what shots are important to you and what style you prefer!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards