New Jersey - South

Is anyone using Cherished Video?

Is anyone using or has used Cherished Video by Bill Totten? I decided to go with him and have been trying to call him. He never picks up and usually doesn't call back. But I'd get an email from him days later saying he got my call and sorry he couldn't talk on the phone but he's been busy with ______.
I'm about to send him my $100 deposit. He's been very nice and seems very knowledgable with what he does. I've read good reviews about him from 2 years ago. If anyone's used him and can give me some peace of mind before I commit to him, that would be great. I'm 48 days away from the big day and would hate to start the search all over again.

Re: Is anyone using Cherished Video?

• edited December 2011
    I am using him, but my wedding is July 4th so I have not actually used him yet.  So far all of my contact with him has been good and I am only using him because of rave reviews I have gotten from other people.  He better not flake out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lingdesignslingdesigns member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah he's been super nice, very laid back. It took me awhile to get the deposit to him and he was totally cool about it. he said he's already marked me in his calendar. I know he works for food network and has other non-wedding gigs so maybe he's just really busy.
    So you've had no problem getting in touch with him?
    I've heard good reviews about him too and he seems very knowledgable about what he's doing. I have friends in the TV industry and said this guy seems like he's the real deal.
    But not answering calls and not calling back makes me nervous. just 1 5-minute phone call would put my mind at ease.
    Your wedding is the weekend before mine! Kiss
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't had the need to call him for a while now, but when I was calling him about 8 months ago I had no trouble.  I planned to call him in about 2 weeks just to re-confirm everything.  My photographer worked with him in the past and said he does good work, I hope so.  I really trust my photographer 100%.
    Are you getting excited?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting very excited... nervous at times. I'm so paranoid that I'm missing something. And this countdown clock on the knot is scary! I feel like not that long ago I was looking at 100 days and all of a sudden, it's down to 48! Where does time go?
    I think Bill should be ok. it's just my nervousness getting the best of me I guess. I mean I still get email responses from him but like I said, not picking up the phone is a little weird.
    What about you? Are you getting everything done?
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, for the most part everything is done.  I am getting nervous about RSVP's from guests though.  I think I am going to have to call some people cause apparently they don't know how to stick an envelope in the mail.  Other than that I only have a few things left to do.  I know what you mean about the coutdown clock on here though, it is so scary.  I came on this morning and saw 40 and it's like "WHAT?"   I am sure you are not missing anything.  Let's see.  You have your venue, d.j./band, photographer, videographer, florist, dress/tux, invites, food/alcohol?  If you have all of those things you have the basics of your wedding done.  If anything else is forgotten at least it won't be noticed by anyone, at least that is how I am trying to think of it at this point, hahaha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is a good way of looking at it! ;)
    LOL about people not replying... too funny. I mean you even stamped the darn envelope for them! You probably will end up calling a few people as will I.
    Btw, I sent Bill my deposit finally early last week... long story, we were supposed to meet up and I'd give him the deposit but he's too far away and it just wasn't convenient. So I finally mailed the deposit to him. He hasn't cashed it and I haven't heard from him. I just texted him half hour ago. So we'll see. I don't know why it's so hard just to text back... I got it and you're booked for your wedding!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Finally got a hold of Bill. He called to verify he got the contract and deposit and he'll be contacting the photographer and venue to verify times and what not. PHEW! I thought I'd have to find someone else in 30 some odd days! Thank goodness! :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad he FINALLY called you back and you were able to sign the contract.  I just called him today and left a voicemail so I guess it's now my turn to play the waiting game.  And it should not have been that hard for  him to give you a quick call/text back.  I mean he is supposed to be a professional.  I am getting a little nervous about him based on the contact, or lack of, that you have had with him.  But my photographer is amazing and highgly sought after and he recommended him, sooooo.........
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok... I think there's nothing to worry about. He said he was doing a fundraiser and had been really busy with that. I think it was just nerve wracking that all of a sudden a month or so before the wedding I wasn't able to get a hold of him. I've heard he's awesome so no worries. I feel more reassured after he called me... deep breaths! ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Whew good.  Also, I called him on Wednesday afternoon and he called me this morning, so that was not too bad.  I normally like a call back the very same day or the next day but a day and a half wasn't killing me.  He was very comforting and explained every detail of the plan for my July 4th wedding.  We are getting so close.  Are you getting excited/nervous?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's a little nerve wracking right now. I'm having a bit of inlaw drama. long story short, My future sister-in-law and brother-in-law have been causing all kinds of unnecessary drama and now BIL "prohibits" his daughter to be my flowergirl and has said a handful of times they're not coming. But every week he has a different personality and one week he wants to make up and another week we're terrible people and he wants to have nothing to do with us. I just can't deal with the drama. I'm about to print my programs out and I can't keep putting his daughter's name in, then taking it out and putting it back in. She's out in my mind.

anyway, other than that, the planning isn't too bad. You? It's really right around the corner for you! Kiss
  • edited December 2011
    Awww, I'm sorry about the drama.  If your FI wants his niece in his wedding I can't believe his own brother would cause so many problems for you guys, so sad.  Why can't people just realize that a wedding takes a lot of time and energy to plan and we really do try to make everyone as happy as possibe in the process?  I hope this works out for you and if you keep her name off the program and she does end up being in the wedding just remember that it is not your fault, it is his fault and she is too young to know the difference anyway.
    My planning is going well.  Pretty much done everything with the exception of a few loose ends.  I can't believe it is almsot here.  It really is crazy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • pdble24pdble24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a problem reaching Bill Totten from Cherished Video.  Its not the first time.  When I was inquiring about his service I did not have a problem, now that the wedding is over its like trying to find Jimmy Hoffa.  Wedding date was 5/30/10.  Bill was present.  After the wedding and honeymoon and initial deposit for his services I could not contact Bill after leaving several messages.  Finally he called and said his sister had a house fire and thatr was his reason for not responding because he was helping her out.  After speaking to him we were told to pick out the music etc for the video and we sent that information in the mail and he emailed us and said he would be sending our information to his editor and this was on June 28, 2010.  We have not been able to reach him since that time after leaving messages on his cell phone and company line.  It is now September 27th and still nothing from Bill.  I'm thinking it does not take 3 months for a video to be made.........Its time for to pay Mr. Totten a visi!!!!!!!!!!.  If anyone is having a problem please contact me at pdble24@aol.com and put in your subject line "Cherished Video". 
  • pdble24pdble24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a problem reaching Bill Totten from Cherished Video.  Its not the first time.  When I was inquiring about his service I did not have a problem, now that the wedding is over its like trying to find Jimmy Hoffa.  Wedding date was 5/30/10.  Bill was present.  After the wedding and honeymoon and initial deposit for his services I could not contact Bill after leaving several messages.  Finally he called and said his sister had a house fire and thatr was his reason for not responding because he was helping her out.  After speaking to him we were told to pick out the music etc for the video and we sent that information in the mail and he emailed us and said he would be sending our information to his editor and this was on June 28, 2010.  We have not been able to reach him since that time after leaving messages on his cell phone and company line.  It is now September 27th and still nothing from Bill.  I'm thinking it does not take 3 months for a video to be made.........Its time for to pay Mr. Totten a visi!!!!!!!!!!.  If anyone is having a problem please contact me at pdble24@aol.com and put in your subject line "Cherished Video". 
  • pdble24pdble24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having a problem reaching Bill Totten from Cherished Video.  Its not the first time.  When I was inquiring about his service I did not have a problem, now that the wedding is over its like trying to find Jimmy Hoffa.  Wedding date was 5/30/10.  Bill was present.  After the wedding and honeymoon and initial deposit for his services I could not contact Bill after leaving several messages.  Finally he called and said his sister had a house fire and thatr was his reason for not responding because he was helping her out.  After speaking to him we were told to pick out the music etc for the video and we sent that information in the mail and he emailed us and said he would be sending our information to his editor and this was on June 28, 2010.  We have not been able to reach him since that time after leaving messages on his cell phone and company line.  It is now September 27th and still nothing from Bill.  I'm thinking it does not take 3 months for a video to be made.........Its time for to pay Mr. Totten a visit!!!!!!!!!!.  If anyone is having a problem please contact me at pdble24@aol.com and put in your subject line "Cherished Video". 
  • edited December 2011

My name is Bonnie and my wedding was 09/12/2009.  I still have not recieved my video.  We have gotten multiple excuses from Bill Totten, and am sure that he is doing the same with other couples.

We are in a legal matter with him and have filed a complaint with the State of NJ for Fraud.

We are looking for other couples who have not recieved thier paid finished product, or have had trouble contacting him.

Please email me at
    BonnieP4884@hotmail.com so we can compare stories..

This could possible be a big case..

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards