New Jersey - South

Vendor Review- Budget Wedding

For the actual wedding, I used our local parish.

Reception Venue- Merchantville Community Center. It has a beautiful building- brick with ivy growing on the outside and a park right next door with swings, etc, which provided great photo ops. The inside has hardwood floors, chandeliers, and fireplaces. It can hold about 120 people, but that would be a squeeze. I had 75, and that seemed perfect. It is only $600 to rent.

Cons- the dance floor is seperated from the eating area, which could be a pro, but it seemed more difficult for the DJ to get people to dance because of it. Also, the person in charge, while very accomodating, can be difficult to reach.

DJ- Time of Your Life Entertainment- He kept those who wanted to dance dancing. I got multiple complements on the DJ. He was very accomodating, too.

Caterer- Heim's Kitchen Catering- We did buffet style, but I am sure he offers sit-down too. The food was excellent. Greg, the owner, has a lot of experience and was easy to work with. He is the cousin of the former owners of Heim's Catering and is the former owner of Heim's Market in Bellmawr.

Photobooth- JasonCPhotobooth. This is a start-up company. The owners were very accomodating. The pictures were great. They provide props and there's an option to upload the photos directly to facebook.

Cupcakes-A Spoonful of Lovin'- The cupcakes were delicious. It is a one-person operation, and the baker, Karen, is extremely nice.

Photographer- Carden's Photography- Easy to work with, willing to work with my budget. I have not seen the pictures yet, but most of their photos I've seen online are gorgeous.

I hope this helps someone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards