New Jersey - South

Opinions Please: Macy's Bridal Shop at the Cherry Hill Mall!

Hello everyone!

I'd love to hear your opinions regarding the Bridal Shop at Macy's. How is their seamstress? Are they honest? Are they kind during the entire process?

I found a dress that I LOVE at their store. And just today, someone gave me negative feedback about their experience - saying that they were unprofessional. I actually overheard a worker badmouthing another worker, during my appointment and was thinking how rude that was. But is that a reason to NOT get the dress? Should I get the dress and use my own seamstress?

Thank you in advance!!

-Michelle
Anniversary

Re: Opinions Please: Macy's Bridal Shop at the Cherry Hill Mall!

• edited December 2011
    I can't speak for wedding dresses but my Mom got her dress there and it has not been the best experience. She is not getting her dress altered there. She ordered it back in the end of September and was told it would be in by the end of February the latest. Finally after my mom called them a bunch of times and had them track down the dress they were able to locate it today. We don't know if someone forgot to put the order in and then realized it later on but there is no reason her dress should have taken that long.

I would highly recommend Yeon from Fashion Stitch in Mt. Laurel for alterations. I have my 2nd fitting with her on Saturday and have heard nothing but great things about her. I would also check to see if any of the other local bridal stores carry the dress you like. You never know someone might even have it cheaper. HTH!
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think if you love the dress, get it, and take it to a different seamstress.  Independent ones are usually cheaper anyway. 
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Macy's because I love Demetrios gowns.  So far my experience with them has been really positive.  I ordered it early December and it actually just came in this past week.  My mom also got her dress from the Macy's Bridal Salon and that came in sometime in February.  I didn't notice anyone not being professional and everyone was really nice and courteous to me.  I'd give them an A so far.

I am going to fashion stitch to get the dress altered.  I've heard too many good things about Yeon to not use her.  I couldn't find any reviews on Macy's seamstress, which didn't sit well with me. 
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to Yeon next week for my first fitting!  So glad I am using her, after hearing everyone's reviews!!
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Macy's Bridal Shop for my bridesmaids dresses. I've had a so so experience there. Patty ( I think that's her name) the manager is super nice. She is willing to accommodate you. I kept asking for swatches of different designers because I had to make sure it was the right color of burgundy that I liked and she never complained or anything. Another time I went back and I wanted my other bridesmaids to try on the dress I picked out, I waited for 10 minutes without a greeting. Then I tried to find the dress myself and someone came over asking if we needed help. I told her that I was looking for this dress and that it might be in the back room since that's where Patty got it the other day. Well she started huffing and puffing about how it couldn't possibly be there, blah blah blah. It was just annoying. And then I wanted my girls to be measured, because that's what Patty did, and the woman was like well are they ordering today? And I was like no, but I want them to be measured so that if and when I decide to order you will already have their measurements and she huffed and puffed again. So my experience there has been good and bad so far. I'm still waiting for my girls dresses to come in which should be next week they say.

I do know that one of my girls got her bridesmaids dress their for another wedding and had to get it altered and she said they were very rude and saying how everyone in the bridal party was sooo fat.

My girls won't be getting their dresses altered there but I don't feel like dealing with them anymore. I just hope the dresses come in on time and I can be done with any contact with them.
  • delia5588delia5588 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you SO much ladies for all of the great feedback. 

I'm definitely going to go with my own seamstress! I'd rather not take the chance.

Anniversary
  • emgertieemgertie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My mom, myself and all of the girls have ordered our dresses from the Macy's Bridal Salon.  We have worked with only one person there.  Her name is Koren.  She is very help!  We have not had any of the dresses altered yet but I have had a great experience so far.  Also they offer discounts for all the dresses if you have a registry through Macy's.  And I believe they are having a friends and family event starting April 28th.

• edited December 2011
    UGGGHHHHH.   I did not order my bridal dress from Macy's but girls bridesmaid dresses are from there.  The experience oredering them was perfectly fine.  They were pleasant and helpful throughout.  However, once that was over it was all downhill from there.  The dresses took 7 months to come in, I was told they would take 4 at the most.  When I called them at the 4 month mark I got excuse after excuse, then the same thing happend when I called them at the 5 month mark.  Finally at the 6 month mark when I was about in tears they actuall y had the nerve to tell me not to worry because they had a bride getting married that next month who had yet to have her bridesmaid dresses come in-yeah those we really calming words.  Needless to say I am happy the dresses finally came in and in just enough time for my girls to get them altered elsewehere, but I can not reccomend them to anyone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards