New Jersey - South
Options

Want a beach wedding but time of year causes problems!

My story is kind of confusing so I'll make it short. I grew up in Wisconsin but have family in Wildwood and it is my favorite place in the world, so naturally I have always wanted to have my wedding there. I had the Stone Harbor Yacht Club booked for my reception and planned to get married on the beach but then I got deployed (I'm Military) and had to cancel. So we postponed and got orders again to Korea and then to Guam. So the only time in the next 4 years to have our wedding would be the end of April/Beginning of May or September. I really want to have a beach wedding and have my feet in the sand, but I am not sure the weather is warm enough at these times of the year. Any suggestions? I wouldnt mind having it indoors overlooking the ocean, and have a crazy idea of asking to bring some sand inside just for the me and the groom to have our feet in but I dont think thats possible. LOL

So the question is, is april/may or september a cold time of year normally, for beach weddings in new jersey. I understand weather is unpredictable but just going by the normal temps would be great. Thank you all!

Re: Want a beach wedding but time of year causes problems!

• Options
    I think that a May or September wedding can be warm enough for an outside beach ceremony.  I would make sure that whatever place you book will be able to accomodate an indoor ceremony on the off chance it is cold/rainy. 

Have you looked into the Windrift in Stone Harbor?  I think they could accomodate you.  They just renovated the entire place over the last few years.  The reception room is on the second floor and overlooks the ocean, so you would have a beautfiul view for your reception too!

Good luck in your planning!
  • Options
    The beach weather in September is usually perfect.  I live at the Jersey Shore year round and pretty much am on the beach until Oct when it gets too chilly.  If you can do early to mid-Sept, you should be fine.  April/May can be iffy and might still be too cold.  Good luck!
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards