New Jersey - South

Affordable All Inclusive Wedding Venue in S NJ and Philly Area Suggestions.

Good Day folks!

I essentially need to get suggestions for where I could have a wonderful wedding that is affordable as well, who isn't?  Since the Fiance and I are funding our wedding costs, it has to be strictly within the following parameters and cannot really deviate.

Budget for Reception/Ceremony/Food/Drinks- Ideally 10k (impossible) to 18k.

# of attending people including the Bride and Groom- 200 (Cannot cut the bride's side of Family members as they take up 100 people, and groom has a bit less...and if we want friends there the list is 200).

Must haves: Place must have either an outdoor area or very close to an area for photo ops.  You know a garden, fountain, sculture, something pretty to posed near and with...gazebo not next to a drumpster lol.

Should be easy for my friends and family to drive to.  He is all about South Jersey, and my family is from Philadelphia, NYC and CT...so accommodations nearby would be awesome!

I know it sounds a bit demanding, but I've read some of these posts and people either leave information out, or people make suggestions that are way over the limit.  I have priced various places in CC Philadelphia only to be sad at the prices being $125/pp and then some crazy tax put on it.

Anything would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Re: Affordable All Inclusive Wedding Venue in S NJ and Philly Area Suggestions.

• I fully recommend Brigalias.  They have 3 levels of packages.  The most expensive runs around $107 pp.  They are located in Sicklerville, NJ and are not far from the AC Expressway.  They have beautiful grounds and the food is amazing!  My wedding is coming up next Friday.  The cake is included as well as centerpieces.  Check out their website.  The photos actually don't do it justice!  It is way more beautiful in person!

The only thing that may be an issue, is hotel.  There aren't many hotels near by.  The hotels are probably at least a 10-15 minute drive from Brigalias.

I hope this helps!  Good luck in your planning!
  • Masso's in Glassboro, NJ, is very affordable, and a co-worker of mine got married there and was very pleased with them!  Here is their website:

http://www.massoscatering.com/
  • TaraW1979TaraW1979 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Sounds like Renault Winery would be perfect for you! I had my reception there in January and it was outstanding. The price was great (under $70 pp) and the food was amazing! Oh and the cake and centerpieces were included in the package! Plus, they have a hotel on site! We had all of our out of town guests stay there and it was lovely. The winery is so beautiful, plenty of wonderful photo spots! The staircase in the hotel is just generous! The coordinator that I had was Amy and she was great. She tended to my every need, even boxing up 7 containers of our cocktail hour food since we missed out on it. I can't say enough great things about Renault Winery! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey I booked the Windsor Ballroom in East Windsor, I dont know if that is too far for you but they have a huge dance floor and a ton of food.  The price is one of the best ones I found in the area and its right off the turnpike.  Its part of a Holiday Inn so there is space for people to stay.  Theres a courtyard area for pictures but Sayen Gardens in Hamilton is close by if you wanted pictures there.  If you decide you like them tell them Kara referred you my wedding is July 13, 2013.  Both you and I get a discount.  Im sure if your willing to travel there you would love it.
  • I'm still debating on places but found, Lakeside Manor in Gibbsboro to be very affordable.  There packages start at $40 per person and go up depending on what you would like on your menu.  You do have to provide your own alcohol, which they will serve, and my fiancee says that would be less than an additional 5 dollars per person.  Good luck.

• Check out A Touch of Class by Candlelight in Delran NJ.  Very close to Philadelphia.  Our wedding was just amazing!  They personalize everything for what you want!!  They are family run and just wonderful people.  We paid under $65 a head!  Including ceremony in a separate room.  The pictures on the website don't do the place justice, its a must see!  Here is the website:  http://www.atouchofclasscaterers.com/

We had our guest stay at a Marriot about 10 minutes away which included a shuttle!! 

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions!   We were on very tight budget.  And we did the entire thing including dress, favors, honeymoon, photobooth, everything for under $16K.   We used great vendors I could recommend if you would like.  Just shoot me an email: kristenm74@hotmail.com

Good luck!  :)
  • I wanted to thank everyone for their suggestions thus far.  We'll look into a couple of them, however, the Renault Winery as lovely as it is, the venue would be a shade too small for us :(

Keep the suggestions coming, everything is welcomed!

V
  • Thanks Kristen...very helpful!  Did a Touch of Class allow you to bring in your own alcohol? 
  • Brigalia's with tax and gratuity included is about $101 for the package I got.  Includes open bar, plenty of apps at the cocktail hours, 2 chef stations at cocktail hour, seated dinner with intermezzo, salad, entree, your cake, and a viennese table, and I'm sure I'm missing something. They also have chiaveri (spelling?) chairs that do not need chair covers, and they have centerpieces you can use, if you do not want to pay your florist to make them.  They are in Sicklerville, and the grounds are beautiful for pictures as well.
  • kristenm74kristenm74 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Yes, A Touch of Class you bring your own alcohol.  We went to the canals down the street and they delivered it the day before for free!  A Touch of Class supplies the bartender and all the soda and juice and mixers.  This was a HUGE money saver for us!!!  :)
  • Thanks everyone for your suggestions they were certainly helpful!  I did wind up meeting with the Brigalia's staff.  Loved the site, but a few little design flaws of the building kinda irked me and the property wasn't very open to deviating from the menu by much.  We are having a 200+ wedding, and well we would have had to walked around the property from the outdoor venue to get to our room.  That wasn't going to fly well if the weather was poor.

I did wind up booking with Versailles Ballroom of Toms River.  I gave up on site scenery for overall package.  The fi, my bridal party, and myself will just have to travel a bit in the am to get our photos done.  No biggie.

Thanks again, and happy wedding to you all!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_affordable-all-inclusive-wedding-venue-in-s-nj-and-philly-area-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:d347fb87-920b-41f6-9911-23abed5f70e3Post:f8e8bbc1-2558-4de5-a7ec-012713f4bc08">Re: Affordable All Inclusive Wedding Venue in S NJ and Philly Area Suggestions.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Masso's in Glassboro, NJ, is very affordable, and a co-worker of mine got married there and was very pleased with them!  Here is their website: <a href="http://www.massoscatering.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.massoscatering.com/</a>
    Posted by Musicheals71[/QUOTE]

Hi there! I'm the sister of a bride-to-be and I know she's been experiencing a lot of stress when it comes to wedding venues...with a low budget and the vast variety of venues near us, it's a really tough decision. I was wondering if you would feel comfortable sending me pictures of your wedding, because the Renault Winery may be exactly what she is looking for, and they don't have many pictures of the actual banquet halls on their website. Thank you so much!

~Maeve
  • edited August 2012
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Affordable All Inclusive Wedding Venue in S NJ and Philly Area Suggestions. : Hi there! I'm the sister of a bride-to-be and I know she's been experiencing a lot of stress when it comes to wedding venues...with a low budget and the vast variety of venues near us, it's a really tough decision. I was wondering if you would feel comfortable sending me pictures of your wedding, because the Renault Winery may be exactly what she is looking for, and they don't have many pictures of the actual banquet halls on their website. Thank you so much! ~Maeve
    Posted by poodlewolves[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hi Maeve</div><div>       Just a suggestion for your sister, check out lakeside manor/mcfadden catering in gibbsboro nj. ,it is very affordable. Bring your own liquor. Great for pictures too</div><div><div>
    </div></div>
  • edited May 2013
    Do you mind sharing how much pp it ended up being and venue rental? I think we have the lowest wedding budget ever
  • Hi girls! My fiancé and I are starting to look for a venue to get married. We are looking in south jersey area. We would really love for it to be down by the shore but its looking too expensive...we are probably going to have 150+ people....any suggestions would be grateful! thank you all :)

• Just wanted to add Auletto's in Deptford to this list. We paid $107pp for a Sunday night wedding (holiday weekend) including ceremony, reception (HUGE buffet), cocktail hour in wine cellar, open bar, wedding cake from Termini Brothers, and floral centerpieces from Cook's florist.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I believe I looked into Antony & Cleopatra's-I think their price was around $70 pp, but I don't totally remember. Website is www.antonyandcleopatracaterers.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards