New Jersey - South

Looking for affordable venue in south jersey/philly area.

Hey guys I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on decent wedding venues in the area for about 50-70 a person. So far everywhere I've looked is around 85 a person or more. It's very frustrating. I am having 200 people at the wedding. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Re: Looking for affordable venue in south jersey/philly area.

• starfish2688starfish2688 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I would try Brigalias Villa Manor. They are cheaper than their main establishment. Or try Lakeside Manor in Gibbsboro.
  • I think Antony and Cleopatra had packages stariting at maybe $57 per person. I had emailed them before and I think that's what they started at.
  • Marian House in Cherry Hill had packages starting around $50/pp but that was back in 2008 so I'm not sure how much it's changed since then.

Les at Colleen's Catering in Pennsauken is really great to work with and he'll probably come up with something in that range if you give him a call. He works with our volunteer fire department quite often so check there.

The Kove Catering I in Palmyra probably has something within that price range also.

There's also the Palmyra Harbour Club, the Bradford Estate in Hainesport and I think A Touch of Class Caterers in Delran starts at $43.95.

Good luck finding a venue =)
  • I'm pretty sure The Marion in Cherry Hill was around that price (not Marion House, that's somewhere else and more expensive).

I always also throw out there that we ended up going with Auletto's at $100pp, which was only affordable for us because cake, open bar, and centerpieces were included in that price, so we could eliminate those from our budget.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_looking-for-affordable-venue-in-south-jerseyphilly-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:128Discussion:e12479d4-ff17-47e0-b9b5-0563d8d58b1aPost:38e6e926-4602-480c-bb8d-832e1d19978e">Re: Looking for affordable venue in south jersey/philly area.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm pretty sure The Marion in Cherry Hill was around that price (not Marion House, that's somewhere else and more expensive). I always also throw out there that we ended up going with Auletto's at $100pp, which was only affordable for us because cake, open bar, and centerpieces were included in that price, so we could eliminate those from our budget.
    Posted by krizzo17[/QUOTE]

The Merion is in Cinnaminson and is definitely way above that. There avg pp on a Saturday night is 185 and around 130 pp on a Friday.
  • edited January 2013
    The Marion House is in Cherry Hill and they were definitely under 100 pp. We're using Indian Spring Country Club in Marlton. We eliminated our beef dish and got the price down to 66pp after tax : I wouldn't be afraid to go to some of the places that are 100 to 110 a person and ask if they'll work with you on price.
  • Paint works... My cousin just got married there and they were reasonable prices
  • I also found that Masso's in Glassboro has packages starting at $44.95pp also there is Paris Caterers at the Palace in Blackwood-they range from $65pp and up AND their packages included your dj
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_looking-for-affordable-venue-in-south-jerseyphilly-area?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:e12479d4-ff17-47e0-b9b5-0563d8d58b1aPost:8f032328-5af2-4ca2-af3e-113668cda6af">Re:Looking for affordable venue in south jersey/philly area.</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Marion House is in Cherry Hill and they were definitely under 100 pp. We're using Indian Spring Country Club in Marlton. We eliminated our beef dish and got the price down to 66pp after tax : I wouldn't be afraid to go to some of the places that are 100 to 110 a person and ask if they'll work with you on price.
    Posted by cmp121811[/QUOTE]

We are actually going to use Indian Springs as well! We went last Saturday and we found them to be more affordable then most places and the venue is beautiful. We have to go back with the parents next weekend and get things rolling. =) When are you getting married?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards