New Jersey - South

$50/Person Possible?

My family is from New Jersey so while I am not currently living there I would love to have my wedding there.  We are on a super tight budget.  Am I nuts to think that I can find a nice place for $50/person (including alcohol)?  We are looking to have the wedding on a Sunday during the summer of 2011.  We are exploring other options (other states, destination wedding, early spring or early fall wedding), but I don't want to give up on my NJ wedding until I've explored all options!  If any of you have any suggestions of venues that would help me stay within my budget I would really appreciate it.  Thanks ladies!

p.s. I'm posting this on the New Jersey board as well, so if you frequent both you will see this twice.
Anniversary

Re: $50/Person Possible?

• edited December 2011
    We had our wedding at Masso's Columbus Manor in Williamstown for $40.00 per person. The package included :

1 hour hot and cold apps
    3 hour buffet (A ton of food. I still have some in my freezer!)
    Wedding cake & dessert table
    5 hour open bar

The $40 is for the basic stuff listed above. You can add extras which will up the price a bit.  The staff was super nice and they pretty much take care of everything for you.

Note - The centerpieces that come with the package are REALLY ugly, so you'd have to make your own
  • edited December 2011
    Tomasello Winery in Hammonton falls around that price point.  The wine is paid per bottle used, and you can supply your own liquor/beer.
  • edited December 2011

When we first started looking at places it was in 08 so the prices could have gone up by then. It depends on what month you want to have it in the summer. When we were looking peek wedding months were April, May, June and then September, October, November. Having it on a Sunday will definitely help out. As you also mentioned not having it in the summer might also be a good option. Some of the cheapest months are January, February, and March.

I would try looking into Summit Catering, The Castle in Delran, Auletto Caterers, Bradford Estate, Laurel Creek Country Club, and Braddock’s.

• rclark13rclark13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to Masso's Crystal Manor in Glassboro. It's 52 a person I think!! So yes it can be done and you get everything you need!! GOOD LUCK!
  • shortee426shortee426 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!  I appreciate the advice/suggestions :-)
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I would look into Nicholosi caterers in Woodbury, NJ as well as Valenzano Winery in Shamong (they are opening a brand new catering facility so you may be able to get good prices).  We had our reception at Cafe Fontana in Maple Shade.  Their most basic package is around $65pp I think (not including tax and gratuities).  I have also heard Brigalias in Sicklerville is nice but I have not been there.  Ditto PP on Summit Catering as well.
    You will probably do better in South Jersey than Central/North Jersey on pricing, but you may need to increase your budget a bit to $75pp including tax and gratuity. 
    Good luck!
    imageAnniversary
  • edited December 2011
    My friend got prices from Masso's Red Pine Inn & Buena Tavern for less tha $50.00 per head
  • lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Paris Caterers I have heard have great packages.  Maybe Shannon's Country House?

GL!
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • torabeaarmytorabeaarmy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should try elite catering in Voorhees. I've heard they have some great prices and I've been to a wedding there it was beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 150 Invited
    image 16 are ready to party! image 0 missing out image134 are slow strolling
    RSVP Date: April 29
  • bnb4ever2009bnb4ever2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A touch of Class in Delran.  Paul the owner is great and has been catering for over 20 years.  Already decorated halls with centerpieces and cake included.  Nice size buffet and the cost it 41.95pp.  The alcohol isnt included but they will give you the bartender.  You can get your alcohol at The wine cellar down the street and they will even run you more the day of if you run out for no extra charge.  Also if you have any left they will buy it back from you.  Hope this helps
    BnB4ever
  • edited December 2011
    Where exactly are you looking in NJ? You won't find a shore area venue ie, near the beach/on the water for under 100pp. Monmouth/Ocean County especially...the only reason I ask this is bc its on the Jersey Shore board :)

Didn't want to be a downer, but I noticed the majority of the places listed are in So. Jersey, Cherry Hill area(which is where I now live). I grew up in Toms River, and my wedding is taking place in Belmar, NJ. I booked in 2008, talked the reception hall down and am paying $105/pp.

On a positive note, I've been to a few of the places listed and they were beautiful, and the food was really good!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards