New Jersey - South
Options

beach weddings

Hi.I'm hoping someone can offer me some suggestions or ideas on putting together a small beach wedding.

And by small,I mean small...lol...probably just me,my fiance,and a few of my friends...5 at most.

I looked in to bed and breakfasts as hosting a small,intimate wedding but was wondering if anyone can recommend one.Maybe in Long Beach Island or Cape May.

Are any known to be flexible and reasonably priced?

Thanks in advance.

Re: beach weddings

• Options
    angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the problem with the bed and breakfasts in Cape May (and possibly others as well) is that you can't just book it for a night in the summer. Because they are so popular and know they will fill up with weekly or weekend guests, you must book your rooms for the entire weekend. And at $400 a nigh that can get pretty expensive.
  • Options
    lmparlettlmparlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could just rent a shore house for a week.  Turn in into a little vaca...
    Photobucket Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com Anniversary
  • Options
    kaleena777kaleena777 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice.I appreciate it.

Is there anywhere else that would be willing to do a small wedding...I would prefer somewhere outside or a cute little chapel.

Just trying to brainstorm some ideas.

Thanks for the input.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Queen Victoria in Cape May. They do small weddings (although I think their definition of small is around 15-20 people.)

You can always get an officiant and a beach permit for the ceremony and then go out for a meal afterwards.

It sounds like the biggest issue you might have will be finding a place to stay that doesn't have a nightly minimum. I think you'll just have to call around and see if anyone can accommodate you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards