New Jersey - South

hair trial tipping???

I have my hair trial on Friday with Karen Capcino. I'm not sure what to do about tipping. I also thought you tipped, but I've read that if someone works out of their home instead of for a business that it's included in the price. I don't want to "throw" money away, and I don't want to insult either.

Would you tip? If so, at what percent? I have the same questions for the wedding day since she is coming to the house.

Thanks for your opinion.

Re: hair trial tipping???

• ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't use Karen.  But, I did use someone who worked out of their home.  I did not tip for the trial, but I do plan to tip on the day-of.  I will probably tip 20%.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I actually went to get my hair done tonight and my hair dresser.  She said it's up to you but she would recommend tipping around 10% for the trial.  Especially if it's not someone you normally go to.  Remember this person will do your hair for your wedding day... keep them happy.
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Karen C. I havent had my trial yet, but I do plan on tipping her, probably 20%.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • delia5588delia5588 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also read that online. I've heard that you shouldn't tip a person who works for themself and keeps 100% of their earnings -- that goes for DJs/Photographers who own their own company. (unlike hairstylists who work in a salon and only get to keep 40% of what they bring in) I still feel strange not giving something. I did give a small tip after my trial. And I will on my wedding day too.
    Anniversary
  • Butterfly219Butterfly219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all. I quess I'm going to go with 15% for the trial and 20% for the day. For me, my hairstylist and the musics work for themselves and the DJ & Photographer work for companies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards