North Dakota
Options

Caterer - Help!

So, I'm having my wedding and reception at Buckstop Junction in Bismarck, ND on September 4th, 2010.  I really need a caterer that isn't going to cost me a serious arm and leg.  I have heard of a few, like Lady J's and Casey Castleman (I believe), but they both have outrageous pricing.  If anyone has any ideas please let me know, I'm desperate not to spend my entire budget on catering.  Thanks!

Re: Caterer - Help!

• Options
    hellmanb115hellmanb115 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know it might seem kinda silly, but the supermarkets around here DO cater~ How large of a reception are you planning on? Sometimes it is almost easier (if you can have family do it) is make it yourself, I have been to PLENTY of weddings where the bride or whoever is paying for it, bought the food and family made it, cook a ham or turkey or both and do sandwiches and pasta salad and veggies! At the end of the day, people aren't going to think about where it came from, they will remember what a great time it was and how glad they are to be a part of you union!

Hope this helps~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're planning on having somewhere between 150-180 people for the reception.  My only problem with making the food ourselves (my family and I), is my mother said that the only thing she insists upon is having the food catered.  She doesn't want to have to worry about food when there are so many other things that she could be doing.  I do understand where she is coming from.  I have heard that the grocery stores are a good resource.  Any other ideas?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe try some resturants that cater. They might have some good options for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hey Im getting married the same day and we have Lady J's and that was the most reasonalbe we could find. besides that if you can Dan's supermaket they do a really good job and it is really good only thing is then you have to have people that will help because they dont really serve it and all of htat
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend is having Famous Dave's cater for her wedding. She said they were the most reasonably priced in town.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards