Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

All white wedding

I want a all white wedding. How well do you think that would go over?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: All white wedding

• I think it would be fine for you and wedding party and decorations and everything else

but if you are asking guests?

Telling people what to wear is very different to telling people not to wear a colour ( I have been to weddings where i have been asked not to wear black or red fine) I happen to own white things but I don't own white trousers (it's not miami vice people don't own white suits - I hope not anyway) 
    Very possible that it would some put peoples backs up.
  • White decor and flowers? Gorgeous. White attire for guests? Yeah I would either wear my wedding gown, skip it, or wear bright red depending on my mood.
  • I'm having an all-white wedding . . . and I've let our guests know early with my save the dates- they state that we will be having an "all-white linen adult reception."  This is a bi-racial wedding and many of the guests are used to annual "white parties."  They love the idea.  As for my family, who have never heard of such a thing, they are looking forward to buying new casual outfits.  Maybe it would be different if we were having a formal-attire wedding, but this is an indoor/outdoor event and everyone seems to be thrilled.  Girlfriends of mine wanted me to wear purple instead of a white gown, but I'm not bold enough - love the idea, but not for me :-).  It's YOUR day - do what you want, Girl!
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited February 2013
    <div align="left">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_all-white-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:a617f9c8-f70c-4bd2-913f-c88e0a5b9eb2Post:c38de5b0-bbca-4bab-9dec-9ec709b054c8">Re: All white wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having an all-white wedding . . . and I've let our guests know early with my save the dates- they state that we will be having an "all-white linen adult reception."  This is a bi-racial wedding and many of the guests are used to annual "white parties."  They love the idea.  As for my family, who have never heard of such a thing, they are looking forward to buying new casual outfits.  Maybe it would be different if we were having a formal-attire wedding, but this is an indoor/outdoor event and everyone seems to be thrilled.  Girlfriends of mine wanted me to wear purple instead of a white gown, but I'm not bold enough - love the idea, but not for me :-).  It's YOUR day - do what you want, Girl!
    Posted by smith832013[/QUOTE]

Ugh, There is so much wrong with this I dont even know where to begin. First. race has nothing to do with this but thanks for sharing. Second, it doesnt matter how much advance notice you gave your guests, it is still horribly rude to tell them how to dress. Third, you put Adults only on you STDs. Fourth, it stopped being just your day when you invited other people.</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards