Military Brides
Options

Article: The war at Home Part 3

Re: Article: The war at Home Part 3

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Read it too. Thanks for these posts. Things are chaging slowly but surely but in the mean time util they get what they need and deserve it's people like this guy that should be the true hero in it all, just as the veterans that went to DC and fought for the begining of this help to start rolling.

What would be interesting is, and I am not being creul or mean when I say this but when Bob Woodrif the news guy received his injuries, there were alot of eyes that took notice on how bad this disorder and injuries were. Since he was news he never had to live like these Soldiers, with that being said, if he didn't recover from his PSD I wonder how big this would have been now and the correct help available. I find it very bothersome when a Hollywood actor or an important figure is injured and how quick it takes them to try and correct it and find different ways to heal them. But anyone else no one wants to turn and take notice of the severity. Case and point, Jim Brady, Christopher Reeves,  I am sure there are many other examples but these 2 come to mind. It was the Media attention that brought Amber Alerts to all states, granted Amber was just a child of no one famous but, it was the media that were on her parents side along with other higher up people which was great. 

If the media would do more stories maybe, just maybe there would be more options but somethings are handled like it's a secret plague,  hush hush. Moreless dont saturate the airwaves keep it quiet and to yourself. Sorta like that order from Bush not alowing the drapped coffins to be displayed. IMO he wanted to keep  the "realisim" away from us all. Same with this guys battles and many others, hide the realisim and it may go away. Well it hasn't, and no improvemnt has been made since the early 70's when our Soldiers came home from Vietnam!   Again it just irks the hell out of me that no one in the higher chains has considered nothing and are now scrambling, while more of our men and women suffer. The help for Veteran's services have been cut every time for decades now in the Government budgets.

The Katrina mishap, cut spending on what may save or help working class people's lives.  Every time, for decades they had said they were going to build the levey's up but it was always the first to be cut from budget because it didn't affect them nor their families.

Ok done with my rant. Stepping down from my box.

Thanks again Green for posting this, this time I stayed away from the comments. Couldn't tell from the rant though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards