Military Brides
Options

Enlisted Traditions?

Are there any military traditions that enlisted personal can include into their wedding. The AF has been a huge part of our relationship and my fiancé would really love to include some part of it into our big day. I know of many of the traditions that officers can include, but what about enlisted members? He will be wearing his uniform and so will 4 of 6 groomsman (the other 2 are civilians). Many of our guest will are also in the military so I want to keep everyone happy and not be disrespectful or dishonorable in anyway. Any ideas would be much appreciated!!! Thanks everyone!!!

Re: Enlisted Traditions?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think anyone can do the arch of sabers, other than that... Maybe the other ladies will have more ideas : )
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hattie is right.  You can use the sabers.  You can use the Chaplain as your officiant or have him/her be a part of the ceremony.  Find out if his unit has any traditions that he would like to include in the ceremony or the reception.  H's unit has a few that people usually use for the reception or the rehersal dinner. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I though sabres were only for officers? Did you have them at your wedding Iluvmytxrgr? Hattie, are you having them? I have only been to officers weddings so I am completely clueless on what to do for mine! lol! Thanks girls!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, we aren't having any military type things, unless he decides to wear his uniform.

I've seen pictures, sometimes it looks really cool, but to me, it's a little overdone. Just NMS.
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

No, I didn't have them at mine.  H didn't want anything military at our wedding except our friends.  Enlisted can do the sabers, though. 

Here is a site that has some other traditions:

http://www.weddingdetails.com/lore/military.cfm

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Enlisted should actually have swords....at least in the Army. NCOs have swords; Officer's have sabers.  You should have your FI check with his Protocol officer they would defiantly know the answer ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Amber! Yes, I do need to check with his base. I just get so nervouse asking questions. I guess I have never seen an enlisted arch so I am just confused on whether the exist or not. Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards