Military Brides

Can't get motivated

I'm supposed to be planning our wedding but, he just shipped out.  I have no idea what I'm doing. I need to lose about 15lbs.  So far it's coffee, smokes & jammies. Help?

Re: Can't get motivated

• edited December 2011
    haha you need to get your butt in gear.. lol planning your wedding will help keep you busy.. It helps to get your mind off of things..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MrsWilson0611MrsWilson0611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How much time do you have before the wedding?  My FI is deployed too and planning the wedding is one of the only things that cheers me up.  It's a great way to focus on something positive in the future.
  • ishatagishatag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I always give myself permission to be depressed for a week and then I pull my act together. One thing I do to remind myself I'm worth taking care of is to re-decorate the house with all my girly crap he doesn't like. For example, I have a rediculously bright girly shower curtain that is the first thing I see in the morning and it makes me perk up. Also, I hung a fairy from his sword on the wall. Knowing that would drive him mad makes me laugh. As for the wedding, try focusing on the personal things first - Your dress, your hair, accessories, that sort of thing - You don't want him a part of that anyways, so it doesn't seem like you're missing out on having him. Hopefully the rest of the stuff will start to flow once you have a vision of how YOU are going to look, and getting to that goal!As for losing weight - I hardly eat when FI is gone because I hate to cook for myself, but I still refuse to buy junk food. So I end up eating raw veggies and crackers and tuna out of the can :P  I've lost 9.25lbs since he left in June.  Your wedding is not long before mine - You can totally do it!
  • meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do something fun you wouldn't do if he were around - a spa weekend with a couple of girlfriends or something to get your mind off it and perk you up a bit. One thing that helped me immensely was getting a gym buddy. I teamed up with a girl from class and we would plan to meet at the gym a certain time each day. The trick was we never exchanged phone #s or e-mail addresses so we couldn't cancel on each other.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Give yourself some time to be upset about him being gone, then get on it! Planning and doing fun stuff will help you out. When he was at training, planning helped. Now that my friends all moved away after college, and he and I are so busy with work at different times, I never see him, so being able to plan our wedding keeps my mind off of things for a bit. For losing weight...I would lay off the coffee and smokes...it's harder to run when you smoke. And the coffee is a bunch of calories you don't need. It's just a waste. You might as well spend them on pasta or something that will give you more energy, to be more motivated, and be able to exercise and plan more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    15 pounds was about the amount of weight I needed to lose while my fiance was gone on deployment.  I have done it with the help of this awesome website!  It's called www.sparkpeople.com. I'm no vendor.  I am just telling you what helped me.  They have these awesome support groups and it works!  You track just about everything!  It it absolutely free as well.  Have a great day!
  • edited December 2011
    hmm, well my FI is joining the AF at the end of the year and it's pretty exciting because we have plans to have the wedding the same day he gets back and the first time we see eachother will be at the altar. i think thats my main motivation for planning the wedding. it keeps things exciting and as long as you surround yourself with positive helpers, this should be a fun experience for you :]
  • edited December 2011
    Haha...you sound like me!  My FI just left for a training for a few weeks, but we're getting married the end of March and I don't even know where to start.  He deploys in April, so we want to get married before that.  I'm definitely feeling overwhelmed with the short timeline.
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards