Military Brides

Its been forever!

How is everyone? Planning going along nicely? It just hit me today, but my date is about a year and a half away... Where is the time going??

Re: Its been forever!

• ishatagishatag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've got a little over a year and a month to go, and I've hit a plateu in my planning excitement. Save the Dates are designed, I just need to order them already and send them out next month. Fi told me today the Army might pull him off his current deployment and send him somewhere else for a YEAR! I told him "You are allowed to go away for a year BUT NOT UNTIL AFTER WE'RE MARRIED!" lol. :PTell my why I'm marrying the army again?
  • meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Planning is going well. I've sort of been putting off doing things because at the beginning of the summer I was waaay ahead of schedule, but now I realise it's October! Plus, soon it will be the holidays and I know I won't get anything done between mid-November and January, so I'm trying to check off as many things as I can before Thanksgiving. FI will find out (unofficially) his next assignment in a few weeks - we are hoping for Boston. But I'm pretty sure he will be deployed pretty soon, since he was up for a deployment before he started AFIT over a year ago. They will prob take him right after graduation. (But hopefully not before the wedding!) How is your planning going Joey's?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Since the wedding is so far off, I refuse to let myself do any sort of planning until May. LOL! That gives me about a year to do everything, and I won't have to worry about planning and being in school (college).Well... Maybe one thing has been sorta planned. We are taking some e-pics in November after I get my class ring (FI already has his). One of my friends is an amateur photographer and he is taking them for free. I told him that if I really liked his work I would consider paying him for take wedding pics. Right now I'm just stressed about FI's classes. He's in Army ROTC and he just got a grade back from one of his land nav tests.. It was NOT pretty. Basically if he makes anything lower than a B in his Military Science classes, ROTC will drop his contract... Oh CRAP!
  • meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh dear! Good luck ti you FI for those tests :-)
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is just under 9 months away, I've been planning for about two, and I feel like I'm out of stuff to do... I know I've only conquered three big things, date, dress and place. And I've worked out most of my guest list.... But I feel like waiting on the other stuff...like bridesmaids dresses, because that's not really fun for me. And I have no clue what to look for with a florist or DJ, except price...so I'm just putting it off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks meltoine!kay- I'm really nervous to start the entire process of planning. I'm pretty indecisive sometimes, so I'm really glad FI can make a quick decision and stick with it.
  • kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Joeys- I feel ya! I am not a decison maker. It takes me awhile. I make pro-con lists, and even then, I always have reservations...even if there is a clear winner, I go back and forth and I'm always afraid to make the wrong decision. It's been hard, we found a perfect place for the wedding, and when I called to reserve the spot, she said another couple had called two days before and taken it! I was so, so upset. So then we had to decide on what was more important to us, the place, or that date. Eventually we decided on the date and that we wanted to keep looking. I had SUCH a hard time letting go of the place...but I feel 10x better now, after finally settling on a place. You just sort of have to battle through that part! FI would just pick on instinct, or whatever he felt was easier, and not worry about it again. But being the bride, you understand you have to look at things other than the most obvious and easiest options...like if travel is a problem for guests across the country or if it'll be too hot in July, etc.The men have it so easy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    OMG... That would drive me crazy. I'm pretty (as in 85-90%) sure that I know where FI and I want to actually get married. We've discussed it and its better for our budget if we TTK in my hometown vs his or a halfway point. I keep getting pressure from his family about doing it elsewhere, but there is a dramatic price difference (I'm from a small country town, he's from Houston). As for the actual location in my hometown.. No idea. That will come in May :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards