Military Brides

BM Troubles

I have 4 BMs and and MOH. My problem is that one BM has defected. Literally. She grew up in Lebanon and moved to NY the summer before high school. She and I were roommates in college and have been good friends ever since. She went back to Lebanon after graduation 5 months ago. PS- she didn't tell me she was going. She told me that she was going out of the country, but didn't mention where. I found that out from a mutual friend. No one seems to know when/if she is coming back, but the same mutual friend knows that she bought a one-way ticket. I've sent her 3 e-mails and 2 facebook messages over the last 5 months, but I've gotten no response to any of them. I know she doesn't have internet access in her home there, but the last time she was there I got an e-mail or two with updates. Aside from needing to update her on wedding stuff, I'm a little concerned that none of our friends have heard from her since she left. Also, I miss my friend! Any thoughts on what I can do about this?
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: BM Troubles

• kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well aside from missing your friend and worrying about here...as to the BM part:It looks like you still have six months....so maybe not worry about her as a BM for a little while longer.Worry about your others and deal with dresses and such with them. Maybe just include her if she does get back to you.If she doesn't then you won't have to scramble to find a replacement or whatever...just maybe discount her for now until she approaches you.I'm having BM issues too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Wow that's so weird! No one has heard from her? And she didn't tell you she was going? I would be more concerned about your friend really, forget the bridesmaid part. I mean yeah if she gets back to you include her, you have time. But I would do anything I could just to find out if she was okay. That just seems odd to just up and leave, so sounds like something is going on IMO. Good luck getting ahold of her! I hope everything is alright.
  • meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's not totally weird for her to up and disappear - she is from there / has her whole family / her house, and when we were roommates she went to Kenya for spring break and decided to stay an extra week without telling anyone. I'm just concerned that no one knows when / if she will be coming back. I guess I could call her parents- is that weird?
  • MrsWilson0611MrsWilson0611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't hesitate to call her parents.  You need to know if she is planning to come back to the U.S. so that you have one less thing to worry about!
  • meltoinemeltoine member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a facebook message back!! LOL All it said was, "Yes, I am alive LOL"
  • ishatagishatag member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well that's good news! :P
  • edited December 2011
    hmm. well i didnt read all the replies so i'm not sure if anyone has already suggested to maybe try contacting her mother? or a close relative rather than a friend. maybe they have some way of contacting her or know of someone in Lebanon that can contact her? wish you the best
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards