Military Brides

So much going on!

Sorry guys, it's been awhile! I've been popping in for a few just to check on things but haven't had much time to post. I got a new part time job that has been scheduling me for 39.75 hours a week about, so it's basically full time :( Then I found out DH is getting deployed sometime early next year, which is the first for both of us. I know it's a ways away, but I feel so lost already. He is in charge of everything, and so we've been going over stuff so I can be ready when he's gone. I get to do taxes by myself, not happy about that! On a good note, FINALLY got my wedding pictures back, so I'm hoping to have a milestone wedding pics post here soon, so keep an eye out for that :) Next week I have a few days off to go to SC for my 17 year old brother's graduation from Army Basic Training. So excited to see him! So yeah, that's what's been up lately. I promise to make more time for the board! :D

Re: So much going on!

• edited December 2011
    aww yeah the first deployment is so hard, I am going through that right now, it is really hard sometimes, but it helps you grow because you have to deal with everything yourself..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am sorry to hear about the first deployment especially after the wedding.  My fiance and I are still in our first deployment so we are still feeling it out we go along right now.  Have fun In SC.  Its been a while since I have been there (like 10 years or more.)  Hope to get to know you and everyone else here on this board better!
  • edited December 2011
    Don't feel bad about being lost already. We are heading into our second deployment, I've done this before, I'm also a veteran and an army brat and STILL I have been feeling the 'deploymones' for a few months now. It's good your taking the time now to go over things, I know people who wait till right before the deployment and end up having no idea what to do while he's gone. Have fun at your brother's graduation! That's awesome! =)
  • edited December 2011
    Wow girl.. That's intense!Don't fret about feeling lost. Everyone coming up on a deployment does. The only times I've experienced it was when I was a nanny, but even then I felt lost. Just be glad you aren't planning on bringing a baby CharlieMav into the picture. And I can't wait to see your pictures! AW it up girl!
  • edited December 2011
    Don't worry about filing taxes while he is gone - you have until 180 days after his last day in a combat zone to file. http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=101265,00.html I know it seems overwhelming, but you'll make it through, one day at a time! GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards