Military Brides
Options

Random question!

2»

Re: Random question!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Bedford County, Nelson County, Lynchburg City, Campbell County. 

we're trying to stay in the 6500 dollar range for the whole event which is what is killing us.. there are lots of nice places, but the facility rental alone is more than half of our budget :/ I don't care as much about chairs as you did though, lol :)

The more I look at it, the more tempting a DW is... 
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We only paid $500 for our wedding, too.  We got married at my mom's house.  We had about 30 guests.  We had a small cake from a local baker.  I had very minimal flowers.  We had a sit down dinner catered by one of our favorite local restaurants.  It was great and a very intimate wedding.  Afterwards, we all went out to one of our favorite bars.  The night was perfect. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ZeldakinsZeldakins member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    FTL: He's actually still in training, but I think just writing letters would be fine :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've thought about just keeping it at home...but that would imply that my mother could go crazy inviting everyone. >.>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh that's right. Well training is just as bad as deployment.. I mean.. maybe not harms way, but as far as communication between the two of you goes. :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's only a two hour time difference, but yea, communicating is hard. Sometimes I have a lot of work to do when he has free time, or vice versa. :/
    But he'll be out soon hopefully and maybe he'll be able to come home for a bit (as in my place :D) before he has to go anywhere again. I never  realized how stressful the environment is for them during AIT (is that correct?) but apparently there's a lot of competition now and people are turning on each other and stuff. It just starts to wear on him sometimes and that's when I think he's going to need a handwritten letter the most.
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Zeldakins - the main thing is who is paying for it.  If you and your FI pay for it, you guys can say, "Sorry, Mom, I know you want to invite all 700 of my first and second cousins twice removed, but we have decided this is what we're doing - a small personal wedding with only those closest to the two of us as a couple.  I hope you can accept that."  And then do what you guys want, invite who you want, have it where you want, and do it the way you want to do it! 

You don't HAVE to elope to do that, but you can if that's what you want.  I personally think it's a great thing to do if the couple doesn't want anyone else there, and then have a big party later (not a vow renewal, just like a big casual barbecue to celebrate or something).  That gets tricky, only because it can very easily look gift-grabby, like, "We got married and didn't want you there, but come to our party and give us gifts!"  Personally, though, I don't see a problem as long as it's kept really casual.

If your Mom pays for it, then you'll probably have to invite more people.

Anniversary

• Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am waaaay late to this, but I will say: If being married within the Catholic Church weren't as important to me as it is, and if we weren't waiting on the re-class boards (end of this month, holding my breath), then we would have gone to Vegas months ago. I have absolutely no issue, and neither does most of my family, I'd just want to make sure to have a good photog.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards