Military Brides
Options

honoring deployed brother in law in wedding program?

I am hoping to say something in our wedding program to honor and thank my brother in law who is currently deployed. I am struggling with the wording. So far I have We love, appreciate and honor our brother-in-law XXX, whose service to our country in XXXX prevents him from joining us today.
Have you seen something like this done before? Something more eloquent? :) Or might you as military brides be able to help me find better words to express my thanks and pride?

Re: honoring deployed brother in law in wedding program?

• Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's very nice, and I'm sure he'll appreciate it!  Be sure to save him a program to send to him.

The one thing is that if I were a guest, I'd be wondering whose sister he's married to - perhaps something like, "We love, appreciate, and honor our brother-in-law John Smith, husband of the groom's sister Susie, whose service to our country as a 2nd Lt in the USMC stationed in Iraq prevents him from joining us today."  That would clear up any questions a non-family member might have about how he's related!

Anniversary

• Options
    kfrisbeekfrisbee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

In our wedding program we put we would like to ackowledge those taht couldn't be there today then said xxx (deceaded)- grooms grandfather; xxxxx (deceased)- brides grandparents and then xxxx-(deployed in afghanistan- Brides brother.  I really wanted to honor my grandparents who were very instrumental in my life and helped pay for the wedding with an inheirtance and my husbands grandpa and my brother who is the only one in the family who couldn't make it and yes both my brothers are in the military and so is my husband so we will very rarely in teh next 5-10 yrs have everyone together for family things.

• Options
    kfrisbeekfrisbee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Btw sorry for the horrendous spelling I forgot to spell check also sorry for my tangent

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you both--this helps a lot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards