Military Brides
Options

Excited :)

I don't really post here much. I think I've only posted like 2 or 3 things, I mostly lurk and see things that others have already posted that answer my questions! But my FI is in Alabama and I'm in Alaska (only been here since January) he got his official orders about a month ago and he will be coming up here for sure! WE are both so excited. We haven't even been wedding planning that much here lately because we're just excited that he'll be up here soon! He graduates from flight school in a month and then he'll be up here towards the end of september! Can't wait!!!

And although I'm super stoked about him coming up here, I've been kind of sad because I won't be able to attend his graduation. It's times like these where I"m like "Alaska! Why do you have to be soooo far?!." Although he wants me to come and I want to go we both know I can't, but it makes me feel worse because his mom has been having some pretty serious medical problems and doctors can't figure out what's wrong, so his mom may not be able to go and he's pretty bummed about that because his mom would pin his wings on! She is also really bummed out about it! We're all bummed! But really just praying and hoping that she will one be ok 1 because of her health and 2 be able to go FI's graduation!!

Anyways, hope everyone is having a good week!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Excited :)

• Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    That's great news! Hope FMIL can make it!
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    lyonstmlyonstm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations to your FI!!!  Its great that you guys got orders to be together.  Hope that his mom pulls through!Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!! Me too!!! She has an appointment with a new doctor this week so we're just hoping they'll get something figured out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_excited-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:2446944f-e8d5-4724-8e89-fe4f0bf2d7b5Post:66b6e8a6-e47e-442c-a9d6-7e8dd7a7f4d8">Re: Excited :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations to your FI!!!  Its great that you guys got orders to be together.  Hope that his mom pulls through!
    Posted by lyonstm[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm super proud of him!!!  Happy we will be together,  And thank you! We hope so too!!  She's probably the healthiest person I know, so this has been a shock to all of us! 
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations to your FI! I wish all the best to his mom and that she pulls through! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!! I know all about order excitement!! Thats awesome you'll get to be together!!!

T & P for your FMIL.. and Congrats to your FI for graduating Flight School! that's an awesome accomplishment!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to you and your FI!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much everybody!!  And I will update on the FMIL!!!  We will all be bummed if she can't make it, but her health is super important and we all know that!! 
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm excited for the two of you.  I'll say a prayer for his mom.  Have faith. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DaKelliAB09,

I'm Shan and my H is a Pilot with the AF. Is your FI in the AF as well? If so, I think I know the base you are talking about :) One of his classmates is there right now.

T&P for your FMIL.  Is there any other families members (dad, brother?) that can pin his wings? H has his parents do it first and then we did a redo for a photo with me.

Just remember that missing Graduation isn't the end of the world and you will be there for lots more stuff. :)

You can always PM me with any specific questions if you like.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! She had a doctor's appointment today and it went well and they think they have it figured out!!! Definitely praying!!!

@Shan! Not AF, Army :)  but my brother is in the AF which is why I moved up here to Alaska :) ...   And thank you so much for the prayers!! They're very much appreciated and if his mom doesn't get to go then His dad is going for sure, so that will be good!  I would feel even worse if NOBODY got to go!!
    And I know that gradutation isn't the only thing that I'll have a chance to go to, but he has worked so hard and I'm just super pround of him!! Just wish I could be there!!  But I know there will be more things!!!     But thank you so much again!!!  It's so nice having other people to talk to who understand!!  It makes things easier!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's absolutely fantastic! Congrats to your FI and YOU!  I love Alaska :o) I'm sorry you don't get to attend his flight school graduation.. I wish i could have been at my FI's flight grad as well. But he will be up there and with you before you know it! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_excited-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:2446944f-e8d5-4724-8e89-fe4f0bf2d7b5Post:a2a712b4-b581-4777-a867-d67ee87df874">Re: Excited :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's absolutely fantastic! Congrats to your FI and YOU!  I love Alaska :o) I'm sorry you don't get to attend his flight school graduation.. I wish i could have been at my FI's flight grad as well. But he will be up there and with you before you know it! 
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!!!  We are both so excited!!! I love Alaska too!! Especially the summer!! Definitely beats Oklahoma heat!!!   Thanks again!  All the encouragement is nice!! And I definitely passed the congrats on to my FI!! He has worked super hard!!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    haha Yes.. Oh he will still be working hard... don't you worry... -_- Fi just finished all his boards and now he has to start studying for instructor oi. It's never ending!! :P :)

I lived in Anchorage/Farebanks for 6 years (I put both because we went back and forth quite a bit) so I love that area. Hoping to take a cruise up there soon :) You're in one beautiful state!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha that's what my FI Says!! He's always like "are you going to be ok being married to someone who studies all the time because it's never ending?" lol ... I'm prepared.  After being a part for so long being in the same room (even if he's busy studying) will be amazing!! I'm prepared for it and I'm in school still and I think I'll be in school for the rest of my life (or at least it feels like it) so I'm always like "I'll be studying too, hope you don't mind."  lol...

I totally in love with Alaska!! I'm really outdoorsy, so it's awesome!! My FI loves it here too.  He was guide up here for a summer a couple years ago   He LOVES it too.  We've decided when he retires we want to live up here!! But we have more places to see before making that decision :)

Before I moved up here i always wanted to take a cruise up here!!  I never thought I'd be living here!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards