Military Brides
Options

Helppp please :)

OK so I'm pretty bored tonight, hence all of my posts. haha.

But here is my dilemma, I am supposed to be buying my wedding gown this weekend.  But as I was looking through the photos, I saw a photo of me in a dress and I started second guessing my original choice.

I'm going to link to the photos so you can see them better.

The first two photos are of the dress I did NOT originally choose.

The last three are of the Original gown.  Also note the my original gown that I had to try on was a size 10 and I am more of a 0.  So there is actually a corset in the back, you just can't see it because it is tied so tight.

Here is the link:

>>>>>CLICKY

Which do you guys like better
Photobucket

Re: Helppp please :)

• Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love your original one (I was a bridal consultant selling Maggies so I can visualize how awesome it'll look in your size really well). The other one is too much for how cute and petite you are. It overwhelms you!

IMO, of course, lol.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    ggirl2001ggirl2001 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I went for the one that's making you second guess. I do really like both and it was hard for me to decide because you look great in both. But I tried on one similar to the ball gown style one, and I couldn't pull it off. You, however can, and look great in it. Not everyone can pull that look off.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I actually tried on that gown to appease my sister.  And it did turn out really cute.  But I've always had in my mind that I'm too little to wear a ball gown even though I love them.  I'm only 5'2 maybe 5'3 and 110lbs.  So I always thought they overwhelmed me as well.  But looking back on the picture I really liked it.  And now I'm confused lol
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hahaha Stan, I thought she pulled off the other one better than I did lol.

Have fun with this Green, I have a feeling it's going to be a variety of answers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Green, You're way smaller than me and I could not pull off that dress. I wonder if I can find a pic of me in it. I think its awesome that you did.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nm I can't find it. I can only find the two I had difficult choosing between haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol thanks ggirl!  Yea, I had actually tried on a few of the Vera Wang dresses from the David's Bridal line and they completely overwhelmed me and looked terrible along with just about any other ball gown that I tried on at other salons.  So, I really didn't want to try this on but my sister insisted.  So even when i tried it on, in my head I was like this is terrible.  But looking back I kind of like it!

My theme is supposed to be roughly a vintage theme.  Which is why I chose the original one in the first place.  Because, in my mind I wanted to be able to look back on my wedding pictures and look classic and elegant.

I'm scared that with the second dress it will look trendy. But I do like it.  I don't know if I'm second guessing it just because I'm nervous about buying it though! Ugh decisions!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah the feathered skirt was one is definitely trendy, so if you want a classic look go with your original choice.  I actually like them both on you, but I think the original one will look awesome once it's the right size on you.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a hard time deciding on my wedding dress. I'm having a beach wedding, so I was leaning towards chiffonny light weight style, however my sister made me try on EVERYTHING in the store. Sometimes sisters are smart. I ended up getting an organza princessy style dress that is perfect for the beach. I never would have tried it on though originally.
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    edited December 2011
    I bought the 2nd dress I tried on.  I actually first saw it in a fashion show at a bridal show and really liked it, so when we went dress shopping our first stop was to the store that carried it.  It was the 2nd one I tried on, and I loved it.  I had my mom, my aunt (MOH) and my Nana with me, and they made me try a few more on to be sure, but we bought it that night and I never regretted it.

My advice, once you pick it out and buy it, stop looking at dresses, and stop thinking about if you made the right choice.  It's possible that I could have found something I loved more if I kept looking, but since i never looked I'll never know, and I'm perfectly happy with that.  My dress was exactly what I wanted, and a great price, and I never regretted it for a second.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies.  I'm thinking I should stick with my original choice.  I actually haven't looked for another dress since I found that one.  I think I am just getting super nervous about actually buying my gown!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love them both on you, but I think I like the ball gown a bit better. I know for tiny girls like us, it can seem overwhelming, but this one fit you just right! I'm a bit biased though since I did wear a modern type ball gown too. lol But I am tiny like you, about 5'2" and found one that fit me perfectly. 
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    They both look beautiful on you - your original dress is classic and the ballgown one is VERY trendy.  It just depends on the mood you want, and it sounds like you want classic.  If you're a trendy person, do the trendy one.  Personally, I want timeless, so I would pick the other.  It's all up to what you feel good in.

I'd totally trust your gut on which one made you feel beautiful.  If you didn't love the ballgown one when you had it on, it might not be right for you.

In other news, I'm going dress shopping a week from Tuesday and I'm SOOO excited!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_helppp-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:2f48307a-d0c4-46e1-8510-775e71937badPost:63e79aa7-a3a5-4ced-9d61-681d5983994d">Re: Helppp please :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]They both look beautiful on you - your original dress is classic and the ballgown one is VERY trendy.  It just depends on the mood you want, and it sounds like you want classic.  If you're a trendy person, do the trendy one.  Personally, I want timeless, so I would pick the other.  It's all up to what you feel good in. I'd totally trust your gut on which one made you feel beautiful.  If you didn't love the ballgown one when you had it on, it might not be right for you. In other news, I'm going dress shopping a week from Tuesday and I'm SOOO excited!
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I think I will go with my original.  It just get so much more stressful when you are about to buy it and knowing how much money you will be spending.  I was the same way after I picked out my e-ring (I didn't know he bought it) after I told him it was the one I would like.  After i started second guessing.  Maybe its just me! lol.</div><div>
    </div><div>ANd you HAVE to post pics of the dresses you like!!</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I saw so many girls second guess because the sample was too big. Trust me, the original one in the right size will be amazing!

Calindi, did you try on our dress?!
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Stan, I did!!!  I was supposed to wait until Mom gets here, but I couldn't help it - right after I got fired, I needed some "pick me up" so I went to David's Bridal on my own.  It was beautiful, but it didn't feel quite right.  Could be because the service was absolute shiit and so I plan to try it again, but it's an absolutely stunning dress!

I'm now leaning towards this Enzonai dress that I saw in a shop window and had me drooling on myself.  Out of my price range, but I'm hoping to get it at a sample sale if it's available:

http://www.brides.com/wedding-dresses-style/wedding-dresses/gallery/dresses/vendor/designer/enzoani/detail/2000000001090047

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Calindi that dress is amazing!  I hope you can get the sample! It is so beautiful!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Photobucket is down for site maintenance, so I can't see the pics... DARNIT!!!!!

I bought a dress with my parents because I felt like it was something I should do with my mom, but then as I stared at it for 3 months, I hated it more and more.. I went back with MIL and got another one, which I loved, but looking back, I really wish that I had focused more on losing weight because my arms look huge and flabby.. That being said, I would say, go with your gut. trust your instincts. You picked the original gown for a reason..  I'll try again with the clicky...

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay.. I'm sorry, but I love the second dress on you!!! It's gorgeous.. It might be sort of trendy when you look back on it, but I think it really looks stunning on you!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you look amazing in both but i really love the ball-gown one. either way, you can't go wrong!
    She's always wanted to be a princess and he's always wanted to be a hero; as fate would now have it, she is his princess and he is her hero *Semper Fi* Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards