Military Brides
Options

wedding attire?

Hi,

My Fi's brother is going to be a groomsman in our wedding.  He is currently in Iraq so I haven't been able to ask him this question myself.  Anyway, I was wondering if he was expected to wear his dress uniform for the wedding or if he could wear a tux?  I tried to google it online and always got mixed reviews, so I figured it would be best to ask all of you!

Thank you :)
imageimage

Re: wedding attire?

• Options
    Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He can wear a tux if you want him to or is uniform.  They aren't required to wear uniforms to wedings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, either way should be fine. It sounds from your question that you prefer the tux, but if you really don't have a preference you could always ask his - he may prefer the uniform since he wouldn't have to pay for it, or he may want the tux if he likes to try to keep the military out of his personal life.
    White Knot Visit The Knot! Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PPs.  Personally I think the best choice is to let him decide what he wants to wear.  Some prefer wearing the uniform for various reasons, such as pride, or saving money on a tux.  Others, like my H, prefer the tux because he says he so rarely gets to dress up without being in uniform.  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you all!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Will he have the time to get a tux fitted?   His dress uniform should fit and will look very classy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards