Military Brides

Confessions yo...

Here here for some new years confessions... I confess that as much as I love and miss my pups, it's been nice having a 2 week break. I confess that I'm so pumped to not be going out tonight. I hate new years. I confess that I'm pretty much over Facebook and will be deleting most of those old high school and college people soon. Big one because I feel lazy: if I can find a part time job to cover our bills when we move, I'm fine with that. I'd kinda look forward to only working part time.
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Confessions yo...

• I totally get the part time job. I would do that too if I could. 

Confession: I'm totally ok with not going out tonight. I think we are going to make an appearance at his friend's house. I don't want to stay there long though. 

Confession: I have no desire to clean my apartment or take down xmas decorations. Too tired. 

Confession: I'm watching jersey shore right now hahaha, and earlier I was bawling my eyes out when watching The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Total change in tv watching now. 
  • Confession- I'm all about KUIing tonight. Watch out friends! Confession- I wasn't disappointed with a negative pregnancy test a few days ago. I have a kick ass life and I wasted 3-4 months worrying about getting pregnant rather than enjoying my husband, family, and friends. I'm okay with not being pregnant. We are about to embark on a totally new life and I'm looking forward to road trips, weekends away, meeting new people, etc. I'm happy to be child free right now. ALTHOUGH, I also confess that I'm pretty much about to rage against my old gyno. When we first started trying I was having major anxiety and couldn't sleep. The gyno knew we were trying and when I called about a natural sleeping aid or advice, the nurse called me back and recommended melatonin. I took it every night almost, for two months. Now I'm reading all these studies that say melatonin causes infertility. I will freak the fvck out if that caused caused problems in me. Seriously.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Shiit, I'm full of confessions today (and can't edit my post). I confess I don't believe in the whole "one soulmate for everyone" idea. I don't believe there is one person for each of us. With that being said, my husband is the best possible person I could have met and have in my life. He is amazing when it comes to my anxiety and dealing with my body issues/eating disorder. I don't know how I got so damn lucky but I am so freaking thankful i found him. I never used to believe in the whole things happen for a reason but having H in my life, I now believe that.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hike- where did you see that about the sleep aide? I just started to take some but not every night? UGH!!! Ps- I like your confessions! :) Confession- minor one but I have eaten a lot of the sausage balls I a supposed to take to the party tonight. Confession- I am sitting in my butt like I have nothing to do. Confession- I am totally annoyed by this girl I used to work with. She had a baby a few months ago and acts like she should still be the number one concern for everyone and the baby should come second.
  • Confession: I tune H out sometimes when he starts talking to me about car problems. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-yo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:3bcd03e6-d0f5-497c-bc60-635666b1a93bPost:70ba9520-be90-40eb-81f1-61f3b7fc2e6c">Re: Confessions yo...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shiit, I'm full of confessions today (and can't edit my post).<strong> I confess I don't believe in the whole "one soulmate for everyone" idea. I don't believe there is one person for each of us.</strong> With that being said, my husband is the best possible person I could have met and have in my life. He is amazing when it comes to my anxiety and dealing with my body issues/eating disorder. I don't know how I got so damn lucky but I am so freaking thankful i found him. I never used to believe in the whole things happen for a reason but having H in my life, I now believe that.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Niether do I, and I have a great and funny song that sums up those feelings so perfectly.
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KynIKjRwqDI" rel='nofollow'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KynIKjRwqDI</a>
  • Hike, no shiit about melatonin?? I had no idea!! What kind of fucking gyno office would recommend that??? Maybe try yoga :)

Hmm confession: I confess that I get anxiety that H will get too drunk when we go out--he's always the DD so he never does, and then the one or two times he hasn't had to drive, he goes apeshit and I get furious. Good vibes that tonight wil be fun drinking and dancing, not out of control....

Other confession: I'm pretty worried about getting a new job and a reasonable commute and a rental house we like AND not totally fucking up my only-recently-successful career with his stupid PCS. <--I only halfway mean stupid. 
  • I confess that this deployment has been a lot harder on me than I expected or that I like.  Last deployment I was a lot better with everything, but this has been pretty rough so far.  I think it's the combinatoin of him just getting back from deployment in March, and then going out for all the underways in between.  And missing Christmas for the second year in a row, and my papa being sick.  Not gonna lie, I randomly started crying like 4 times between Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

I confess that I snapped at H the other day in email when he asked me when I was going to start looking for a job in VA.  Between finishing on closing our house, setting up our PCS, moving out of our place here, driving cross country, moving into the new house and unpacking and setting everything up, I like to think I'm freaking doing more than enough for the time being.  So I pretty much told him it just like that, and he said okay well how about when you get down to just unpacking and setting up the new house you start looking.  WORD OF ADIVCE TO ALL:  NEVER OFFER TO BUY A HOUSE CROSS COUNTRY AND DO THE ENTIRE MOVE YOURSELF WHILE YOUR H IS DEPLOYED.  It effing sucks major balls.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh beach. I'm sorry. That's rough. I'm sure he has no idea what it's like to be dealing with it. I think it's something you only know if you're experiencing it. I can't imagine the stress and the a,out of work it is. Hang in there and take your time with everything.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hike: No kidding about the melatonin? I had no idea, I will have to read those articles later. 

Beach: I am so sorry you're having a rough time right now. When you get here, let me know and I would be happy to help you with the moving if you need it! Wink

Confession: H randomly thought about getting a puppy/dog yesterday while we were at the mall, we even went and looked at the dogs. I am not sure how I like the idea so much right now, we have discussed it before and we both want a pet, but sometimes when I think about it, I'm not so sure if I want one still. Then right now, it's all he's thinking of! He's checked the lease and will have to talk to the realtor who handles our place and he really wants a pet to keep me company while he's on deployment. I've always wanted a cute mini dog, I'm just not so sure how to take care of them..... 

Confession: I really should get back to cleaning and stop being on TK! 
  • Thanks ladies.  I'm actually doing better now that I'm back in WA.  It was great being home in NY for Christmas, but I was also anxious to just get back here so I could move already.  

Holy eff, in just over 2 weeks I will be in the car on the way to VA!!  

I really think this month will fly by since I have a million things to do around here before I leave (which I don't feel like doing at the moment), plus the week of the movers coming to my house and my friends house.  Then the drive will probably take almost a week, and then setting up and unpacking the house.  Once we close on the house next week it will be a huge sense of relief, as will getting to VA already.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who's making the drive with you? Is your dad coming still? I know you will be ridiculously busy the next few days!  The weather here has been great! We're at 65 and sunny today, maybe all you need is some sunshine! Wink
  • A good friend of mine here set up her move so that we can go together.  We are getting one car shipped per sailor, so we're shipping H's and she and her H share a car so they are shipping theirs.  Then we are driving together in my Jeep.  So it will be me and her, her 4 year old son, and then my 2 dogs (we're getting another one before I leave).  It will be interesting for sure, but fun!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Confession - My family has so much drama it should be a soap opera. I swear! I just don't care anymore. I don't want to explain the twisted web that it is...but I don't know why in my family it is so hard to follow through with what they say they are going to do. "I don't feel like it so I am just not going to do it" STFU, put your big girl panties on and DO IT.  

Confession - I am less than thrilled about the 6 pictures that are flipped the wrong way in my Mixbook photobook and the reddish tint to 75% of the pictures. They better express print me a new photobook that is hand examined and perfect, otherwise I willl be very unhappy and probably ruin their name for everyone I talk to.

Confession -  I come from a VERY conservative part of the country and grew up with a lot of crazies. I judge teenagers (17-19) that get married after dating less than a year, just to have sex...and then not a year later get a divorce. Hormones mess with your brain....Love is a reason for marriage, lust is not. 
    Photobucket
  • Beach- I am sorry! Boo don't worry you have company with the tears. I have found myself in tears a lot this holiday season. I have found it hard to even watch TV commercials. Thanks for the article Hike!
  • Amanda- I'm assuming those people marr because premarital sex is against their religion, right? Wouldn't divorce be looked at the same way? I'm not religious so I have no idea.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hike: I will have to read up on it, but that is just unbelievable. How would the office not know that?!

Oh Beach! I would also be more than happy to help you unpack/set up with Kara!

Confession: After being home for Christmas, I realize I only really like one of my four sisters. How sad and horrible is that? But I can't even help it, the rest drive me insane with their attitudes and ignorance. One is constantly negative and complaining about everything in her life. Another is basically scamming the welfare system (filing as a single parent, even though she lives with the dad and should be using his income too), receiving food stamps, keeps taking in more dogs even though the city ordinance says you can only have two, goes out drinking every weekend, then complains about never having money, yet wants to have another baby with her boyfriend. And the other has always made sure to put me in my "stepsister" place (all four are only sisters through marriage, but have been since I was a toddler). She made it very clear that she doesn't give a crap about me, so I never even asked her to be a BM. And I still don't feel guilty about not asking.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-yo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:3bcd03e6-d0f5-497c-bc60-635666b1a93bPost:3e2a6613-149a-437e-995a-c7926d4360fe">Re: Confessions yo...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amanda- I'm assuming those people marr because premarital sex is against their religion, right? Wouldn't divorce be looked at the same way? I'm not religious so I have no idea.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>YES! You would think so! But I have no idea what was going through their minds, except they want to get away from their parents so they get married and then realized that their life isn't rainbows and butterflies.
    </div>
    Photobucket
  • Beach- good luck with the move! My confession- I just spent the last two days judging the outfits some people were wearing in Universal Studios. I realize that I might not have the greatest fashion sense, but good god at some of them! Also, there are just some sizes spandex should NOT be made in.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-yo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:3bcd03e6-d0f5-497c-bc60-635666b1a93bPost:a6a7f936-ed24-4afa-80b8-2398057fd770">Re: Confessions yo...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beach- good luck with the move! My confession- I just spent the last two days judging the outfits some people were wearing in Universal Studios. I realize that I might not have the greatest fashion sense, but good god at some of them! Also, there are just some sizes spandex should NOT be made in.
    Posted by melbelle24[/QUOTE]

I knew I liked you for a good reason.

Confession: My little sister is making me crazy. I'm not sorry that my grandmother offered me my great-Aunt's wedding band, and I'm going to take it. It's exactly like the ones we've been looking at, it's antique, and it has a really sweet story and a fantastic marriage behind it. My grandmother wants me to have it. If she wants the giant ridiculous diamond, I don't care, have it. But don't bring our mother (this grandmother is my Dad's mom) into this because you know she will always take your side. I'm not stealing family heirlooms. I'm the first one to get married, Grannie is getting older, and she wants to make things special. They'll be plenty left for you, trust me. Also, it's not my fault she won't let you get into your CD to pay for grad school. It's her money, and even if we think it would be a good idea, she thinks you should pay for your own. Also, don't get pissy if I end up with one of her silver sets, she has several. I'm first, I know you thought I wouldn't be, but you have to deal with that.

Sorry, that turned into a bit of an open letter. She just makes me grrr sometimes, especially when my Mom gets into it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-yo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:3bcd03e6-d0f5-497c-bc60-635666b1a93bPost:a6a7f936-ed24-4afa-80b8-2398057fd770">Re: Confessions yo...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beach- good luck with the move! My confession- I just spent the last two days judging the outfits some people were wearing in Universal Studios. I realize that I might not have the greatest fashion sense, but good god at some of them! Also, there are just some sizes spandex should NOT be made in.
    Posted by melbelle24[/QUOTE]

<div>I do this not only at theme parks but everywhere I go. H thinks I'm mean! lol Seriously though, it seems like many people forget to look at their mirror before they leave the house, especially at theme parks! </div>
  • Confession - I'm going to exchange my wedding dress for a new and different one. I am not in love with the dress I have anymore. But thankfully DB is letting me exchange it for any other dress and there are several that I like so much better already.

Anyone else get their dress at DB?
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Haha, I love that some of you girls do that too! Kara, I tend to judge people more than I like to admit, but theme park clothes are some of the worst you will ever see. I agree with you, people need to remember to look in the mirror!
  • http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/photos

I am pretty sure these people are on par with theme park people. Judge away. 
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_confessions-yo?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:3bcd03e6-d0f5-497c-bc60-635666b1a93bPost:c920657f-09d2-434f-8018-675b178afe86">Re: Confessions yo...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession - I'm going to exchange my wedding dress for a new and different one. I am not in love with the dress I have anymore. But thankfully DB is letting me exchange it for any other dress and there are several that I like so much better already. <strong>Anyone else get their dress at DB?</strong>
    Posted by tyleet87[/QUOTE]

<div>I got my first/original gown at DB.. then I decided I hated it and went elsewhere... had I known that I could exchange it, I probably would have tried doing that.. but I love[d] the gown I ended up wearing. </div><div>
    </div><div>What gown are you thinking of exchanging it for? </div>
  • Tyleet: my gown is from DB, it's from the Oleg Cassini collection. Ggirl has the same one. How come you hate the one you have now?
  • edited January 2012
    My confession- Im tired of being on my own. It's great that Fi is back until the wedding, but he is working all the time and I feel that I never see him. (I feel bad saying all of this because I know some of you ladies are dealing with deployments)

Also, I just wish that I had been born healthy. I'm so tired of having a failing immune sstem and having new tumors pop up all the time. The only time I can remember being tumor free was I was 17. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The dress I originally bought was more of a base dress that I was going to fix up. Well turns out it's going to be more of a pain than I thought and I just really started hating everything else about the dress. So here are the 3 that I'm looking at instead:

ONE

TWO

THREE

I think #2 is my favorite right now. I just really want to try them on and see how they look.

FTL and Kara, can I see which dresses you were talking about?
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • THat's how I felt about the DB gown too! Then I realized.. nope. It's a cheap quality that will be impossible to make what I want. 

\
     It just wasn't me. i don't like things so snug. 
    I was frustrated with the entire appointment and felt like a burden so I grabbed a blank canvas and got out of there... hah. Glad I got a different gown. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards