Military Brides
Options

Invitation/Address question, again

I know it's early to be thinking about, but we're getting the list together and I'm starting to get addresses, and this came up:

How do you address invitations/STDs to a couple who are long-distance? 

FI has a friend from P-cola who was pretty much his best friend there and they keep in touch, and that guy is now at Nelles (I think I'm spelling that right, it's the AFB outside Vegas). His GF lives in Michigan. She's nice, we're FB friends, but she would be invited to the wedding as his date. Do we put her name on the invitation and STD we send him, or do I need to get her address and send her separate ones? I don't want to send separate ones that make it seem like they're not a couple, and I wouldn't expect her to come down on her own, as she wouldn't know anyone except me and FI and I'm pretty sure we won't be all that helpful. Ideas? What is the etiquette on this? You guys who have been long distance, what say you?

Re: Invitation/Address question, again

• Options
    Overall... I just sent one invite per couple... mailed to the one that we were more friends with. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Send one to him, if that's who you're closer with.  You can even ask him if he would prefer it gets sent to her or him (maybe she is more on top of things).  But yes, just send one with both names.  STD's can be more informal so it doesn't really matter how you write it.  For the invitation it would be:
    John Smith
    Jane Doe
    123 This Street
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, what those ladies said.  I put the person whose address it was first, the other person on the second line, and then the address - just like Beach said, so in that case, it would be John Smith's house that you're sending it to.  It doesn't have to go guy first, then girl.

Most of my friends got STDs this way since they have BF/GF but don't live together.  For friends who aren't in a serious relationship, I just put their name and told them personally (I chat on FB or Gmail with most of my friends who were invited) that they can plan on bringing a guest.  Every single one of them would have to get a hotel, most would have to take a train or plane, so I wouldn't ask them to travel to my wedding without giving them the option of bringing a date or friend along for the trip!

Anniversary

• Options
    You can send the invite to the friend that you are closer with. Address it to him. Then, if your invites have an inner envelope, you write "His name and guest" or "his name and her name". Personally, I wouldn't put hers on the outer envelope, just in case the post office confuses it (and those things are expensive to mail!).
    If you use the guest list/address list on theknot.com, they have a separate spot for outer and inner envelope addresses. I used it for mine, and it was super helpful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards