Military Brides

Wake Up Ladies QOTD Thursday 10/27

The board is dead today, sooooo Lets answer some questions!!

1. What is your favorite bumper sticker?

2. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

3. Name a hidden talent you have.

4. Who would you call to be bailed out of jail?

5. Name the worst movie of all time.

6. What's the longest road trip you've ever been on? How long did it take?

7. What is your favorite Halloween candy?

8. How can you tell if some one is a nerd? 

9. If you were stranded on a tropical island what 2 things would you want with you?

10. What is the first thing you notice about someone when you first meet?

11. If you where running for office what would your campaign slogan be?

12. What was your favorite book growing up?

13. What city in America should not be included on a map, why?

14. What compliment does people give you the most?

15. What word would you add to the dictionary if you could, what would it mean?

16. What product would you refuse to promote?

17. What is your favorite pet’s name?

18. Use one word to describe your computer ability?

19. If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get?

20. If you could invent a new flavor for Ben & Jerry, what would it be? (Name it, and tell us what you'd put in it!)

Enjoy!! I'm looking forward to reading responses!! Newbies better post as well!! We want to get to know you!!!

Photobucket

Re: Wake Up Ladies QOTD Thursday 10/27

• edited December 2011
    I don't like bumper stickers (sorry Sami lol) but if I had to choose one it would be the Human Rights Campaign sticker I suppose
    Frog legs? I guess? haha idk I would have to think on it
    Art. I love to sketch with charcoal, but I haven't in a long long time.
    H of course!
    Anything scary? haha
    From Seattle to SoCal it was about a 26 hour drive. 
    mmm Starburst :)
    They can talk to me about WoW
    9. If you were stranded on a tropical island what 2 things would you want with you?
    Cell phone? lol and rope.
    If they look me in the eyes or not while speaking to me.
    (must think about this one)
    Harry Potter
    Columbus, Ga... Because I hate that place.. and it's connected to Ft Benning.. just call it Ft. Benning lol
    That I'm pretty and not a b!itch. Idk why people seem to need to say that.. seems odd to me.
    Santorum (tehehehehe... I hope some of you get that)
    Any diet pill
    Rivet - my old border collie bud growing up. He died a few years ago.
    net-illiterate (it counts!! It's hyphenated :o)  )

piiiizzzzaaaa

20. If you could invent a new flavor for Ben & Jerry, what would it be? (Name it, and tell us what you'd put in it!)
    Not for the Hubs
    It would be oreo pieces in chocolate frozen yogurt with cookie dough balls but NO chocolate chips!
  • edited December 2011
    I saw one recently that had George Bush on it and it said "Miss me yet?" It just sort of made me giggle, but my favorite one on my car is one that says "I have one of the few good men. USMC Wife". 

According to my hairdresser Hummus & Linguine with Clam sauce.  She'd never even heard of either! I was like "Uhh what rock do you live under?"

I'm a pretty amazing tap dancer, I can sing pretty well, and I can touch my nose with my tongue

My dad! H would either be in there with me, or he'd try to teach me a lesson and make me worry!

All of those stupid Bring it On "sequels".  I LOVE the first one, but the rest of them are beyond stupid.  This is possibly flameworthy, but I can't stand Napoleon Dynamite.  I'm sorry that is the most ridiculous movie ever made, I didn't laugh at all.

Probably when Dad and I drove across the country, it took us 52 hours, and we only stopped for gas and food.  I would NEVER do that again.

Do caramel apples count? Those and the candy corn pumpkins.

If they have more than one flash drive hanging from a lanyard around their neck.  My dad has at least 3 at any given time, and he is LOST without them.  Although, I'm just as bad I keep one in a coin purse with my student id in my purse, one in my back pack, and one beside my laptop. When I finish assignments I then proceed to save them to all 3.. and they are color coded!

Hope in a Jar, and some Bert's bees chapstick.

Eyes.  I like eyes.  Then usually what they are wearing, that sounds really snotty of me... but I mean like if they seem hurried and rushed, or well put together.

"Sami will save us" haha, or "Sami for President!! It's time to bring some sass to the White House"

To Kill a Mockingbird, Oh! and Ella Enchanted.  I'm told that when I was super little it was a book called "Sophie's Hideaway", but I had a lisp and couldn't say "S" so I called it "Nophie' Hideaway".

Auburn, AL.. tehehe

My hair cause it's super thick and naturally curly.  My personality because 98.9% of the time I'm super upbeat and bubbly!

It's super inappropriate, but "tw@t waffle", because I find it HILARIOUS!

If Casey Anthony ever wrote a book or ever did anything.

I didn't name Theo, but he's my favorite pet.  H and I want a Chocolate Lab and we want to name it "Swiss Miss" or "Dutch" (Get it?!). Oh! and at one point I wanted to get a pair of Black Russian Terriers and name them "Julius" & "Ethel"

Literate

Hummus and Pita bread.  Or Phish Food

I'm pretty sure that Phish Food is perfect as is, but I would add a coffee or mocha swirl or toffee chips!! I'd call it "Sami's Sweet Surprise" just cause I like alliteration.
    Photobucket
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the questions Sami!

1. What is your favorite bumper sticker? I don't think I've ever seen a bumper sticker that I like.

2. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? Octopus

3. Name a hidden talent you have. I have zero talents. Seriously.

4. Who would you call to be bailed out of jail? If my husband wasn't around, my best friend Jen.

5. Name the worst movie of all time. Night at the Roxburry

6. What's the longest road trip you've ever been on? How long did it take? 12 hours to Hilton Head.

chocolate peanut butter or 3 musketeers

8. How can you tell if some one is a nerd?  Um, I don't think of people are nerds I guess. The stereotypical nerd, in my opinion, doesn't make someone a nerd. They are just different than me. Also people think socially awkward people are nerds but then I just think they have other things going on.

9. If you were stranded on a tropical island what 2 things would you want with you? Sun screen and beer

10. What is the first thing you notice about someone when you first meet? Teeth and handshake

11. If you where running for office what would your campaign slogan be? Imagine. I'd use the John Lennon song and no one would vote for me because I'd be too big of a hippie.

12. What was your favorite book growing up? Babysitters Club.

13. What city in America should not be included on a map, why? Cleveland. In Pittsburgh it is known as the Mistake on the Lake.

14. What compliment does people give you the most? I'm passionate about kids. My principal told me I was the most passionate teacher she has ever worked with. That compliment made me swell with pride.

15. What word would you add to the dictionary if you could, what would it mean? Janky. It means jacked up. That man has janky teeth.

16. What product would you refuse to promote? I feel like I have an answer to this but I can't think of it right now. Can I add later?

17. What is your favorite pet’s name? I wished we had named Geno Lambert. He is my all time favorite football player. Our friends also have a dog named Pickles and that's super cute.

18. Use one word to describe your computer ability? Mid level. I can figure things out but I'm probably not solving any problems!

Do calories count? Because if not, peanut butter it is

20. If you could invent a new flavor for Ben & Jerry, what would it be? (Name it, and tell us what you'd put in it!), Phish food minus the chocolate fish but an addition of bits on snickers
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the one that is the creationist fish symbol with the feet and teeth and says "Darwinism".  It cracks me up every time.

It's a tossup between barbecued scorpion-on-a-stick and thousand year old eggs.  They're not really a thousand years old, but they're still kinda creepy.  Traditional recipe takes ostrich eggs, coats them in horse urine and herbs, and buries them in the sand for 4 months.  I ate them while living in Shanghai, and the Taiwanese person who was with me warned, "Don't eat too much, they're poisonous!"  What he really meant is they'll make you feel sick, but man, hearing what I was eating was poisonous was a bit odd!  I still ate it, though!

I can hula hoop indefinitely.  The most I've ever hula hooped at a time was for 4.5 hours when I was in summer camp.  I can do up to 7-8 hula hoops at a time, but only for a minute or so.

FI, though he'd probably be right there with me if I ever got to that.  My brother would be the back-up - he'd laugh at me, but he'd come get me.

Step-Brothers.  I hate it a lot.  I think it's incredibly stupid.  FI loves it.  Pineapple Express might be up there, too, and we both hate that one.

Rhode Island to Miami between Christmas and New Years Eve in 2009.  We drove to FI's family in Syracuse on Christmas morning, spent 3 days, then drove to DC, spent one night, then drove to Jacksonville, then arrived in Miami.  Total was something like 2300 miles.  We really enjoyed it, actually.  I like road tripping with FI.

I always loved the houses as a kid that gave out full candy bars.  I hate traditional "Halloween candy" like candy corn - yuck!  But I love anything pumpkin flavored.  For candy bars, definitely Milky Ways were my favorite as akid.

I've gotten into the nerd vs. dork vs. dweeb conversation a few times.  A nerd to me is someone who is exceptionally versed in a subject, so much so that they feel the need to correct people in conversation when the subject comes up even if it is unnecessary or said in a joking manner.  Like FI and law or the USMC - he is a nerd about both subjects.  I'm a nerd about a lot of things. A dork or dweeb involve some level of social awkwardness which a nerd doesn't necessarily.

A machete and a tarp.  I'm pretty sure I could make a decent shelter, create some weapons for spearing fish, collect coconuts and eat them, and protect myself from any animals with those things.

Teeth.  It's why I got Invisalign.  I always notice when someone has straight white teeth, and I always notice when they have crooked teeth.  It's the first thing I saw in any of my pictures, and I was sick of it.  No one else noticed, but I did.

Reality: It's What Congress Needs

Anne of Green Gables series.  I must have read all 8 books in order every single fall from 7th grade through high school, so 6 times.  I need to re-read them again soon, it's been awhile.

Ha!  You know my answer to this - Miami.  It's not in America, it's an extension of Cuba.  It's all the people Cuba didn't want.

My eyes.  I have very blue eyes, and people always compliment them.  The weirdest way is usually asking me what brand of contacts I use, and then insisting it cannot be a natural color when I inform them I don't wear contacts.  I wish I could say this had only happened once...

Weird but interesting question.  After reading Tina Fey's book, I think I'd go with "defeminate" which would be the female equivalent of "demasculinate", essentially when a woman is being overly critical of another woman.  That 'girl eat girl' mentality that we see too much in this world.  It would be the act of doing that to another woman.

Botox.  I understand plastic surgery is a personal choice and I'm fine with that, but I don't see why a poison should be injected into someone's face.

It used to be "Ralph" but that's my stupid boss's name so it won't work anymore.  Probably "Spunky" for a dog.  I think it's cute, and I like the nickname "Spunk"

Fast.  I type over 120 words per minute with 98% accuracy.  I've been offered jobs as stenographers before, and I used to transcribe all my college courses.  I eventually got paid by the disabilities support office to give them the transcriptions for learning disabled students in my classes to review.

Organic vegetables.  They're delicious and expensive and healthy, so I'd really like it if they just magically showed up on my doorstep in limitless quanitites, kthanxbye!

You're Frying Me Bananas - the fried bananas that are popular in Latin America.  They're so addicting and would make a delicious ice cream!

Anniversary

• edited December 2011

1. What is your favorite bumper sticker? My poodle beat up your honor roll student.  I am not sure why it said poodle and I am not sure why I thought it was so funny but I did. 

2. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?  I was in China town in NYC and I ate one of those 100 year old egg thing.  I could hardly get it past my nose  I took one bite and wanted to vomit.  I could not get that taste out of my mouth. 

3. Name a hidden talent you have. My bar trick that is now infamous.  So I am basically blessed in the chest department so years ago (thanks to the invention of fabulous bras) I discovered that I could hold a beer bottle in my boobs and drink out of the bottle without any hands.  Classy I know!

4. Who would you call to be bailed out of jail?  I would say my best friend but I am afraid she would be there with me so it would either be her boyfriend or H.  Bless their hearts!

5. Name the worst movie of all time.  Anything with J-Lo.  That girl just cannot act.  Love her music and hate her movies.

6. What's the longest road trip you've ever been on? How long did it take? We went to Mardi Gras one year and drove.  It took 15 hours and was worth every second except for the ride home.

7. What is your favorite Halloween candy? I hope candy apples count.  If not then I would say candy corn.

8. How can you tell if some one is a nerd?  I just get a picture of Steve Urkle (sp) here.  I don’t know if I would be able to tell in real life.  I think each of us has a little nerd in us. 

9. If you were stranded on a tropical island what 2 things would you want with you? My iPhone (I must keep up with what is going on in the word) and a hair clip since I would need something to control my curls.

10. What is the first thing you notice about someone when you first meet? Their teeth.  I am not sure why maybe because I was in some form of braces from 2nd grade to 12th grade. 

11. If you where running for office what would your campaign slogan be? Pick me for the HBIC!  I don’t know why but I thought it would be funny to be an HBIC.  Of course would not get me elected.   

12. What was your favorite book growing up? The Animals Christmas Eve and The Velveteen Rabbit.  I knew those stories word for word.  As a pre-teen/teen I loved Sweet Valley High and the Babysitter’s Club.

13. What city in America should not be included on a map, why? Aynor (pronounced-  A-Nor) because I just hate the way it sounds and it is just a crap whole of a place.   

14. What compliment does people give you the most? They can always be assured that I will shot straight with them and that I am a very loyal friend.  (That kind of makes me sound like a golden retriever).   

15. What word would you add to the dictionary if you could, what would it mean? Busted- not quite as bad as f-ugly but still really ugly or just messed up.  That girl’s outfit is busted.  

16. What product would you refuse to promote? The Genie Bra or the Ahh Bra, they are just weird looking.  To me they look like a sports bra and unlike the commercial says, you cannot wear them under everything.  What about strapless?   

17. What is your favorite pet’s name? Cutie- my dog’s name growing up.   She was a pound puppy and we thought she got out of the fence one day when the guys from the electric company were working in the back yard.  When mom asked were the dog was they discovered the fence was open and she was gone.  These big old men had to walk around the neighborhood yelling “CUTIE” only to find her hiding under the house.   

18. Use one word to describe your computer ability? Semi- functioning  

19. If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get? Pizza it has all of the food groups-bread, veggies, dairy and meat. 

20. If you could invent a new flavor for Ben & Jerry, what would it be? (Name it, and tell us what you'd put in it!) Car-Car-Caramel Delight- vanilla ice cream with swirls of caramel and chunks of Caramel Delight girl scout cookies

• edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite bumper sticker?  I'm not a bumper sticker person, but I do have my 26.2 on mine.  I worked hard for it.  :) 

2. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?  I'm not an adventurous eater, but I did try these fried whole fish things in the Philippines.  They were so fried that they were hollowed out.  I didn't taste like anything but "fried" and all the scales got stuck in my teeth.  Not good.

3. Name a hidden talent you have.  I'm a pretty good artist and actually great at carpentry.  I built the deck on our house.

4. Who would you call to be bailed out of jail? My husband definitely.

5. Name the worst movie of all time.   Anything Sci-Fi.  Or any of the Fast and Furious.

6. What's the longest road trip you've ever been on? How long did it take?  Vancouver, WA to SW Florida.  Took about 3 days.

7. What is your favorite Halloween candy?  Candy corn pumpkins too!

8. How can you tell if some one is a nerd?  I guess if they don't have any social skills.

9. If you were stranded on a tropical island what 2 things would you want with you?  My husband and my iPad.

10. What is the first thing you notice about someone when you first meet?  How educated they are/sound.

11. If you where running for office what would your campaign slogan be?  Oohhh.  Probably not a great idea for me to run for office.  :)

12. What was your favorite book growing up?  Super Fudge by Judy Blume

13. What city in America should not be included on a map, why?  Arcadia, FL.  Ick.

14. What compliment does people give you the most?  That I don't look old enough to have been in the Army for 15 years.  Or that I"m too pretty to be in the Army.  But that annoys me because that's saying that Army girls are supposed to be ugly.  :/

15. What word would you add to the dictionary if you could, what would it mean?  Hmmm, not sure.

16. What product would you refuse to promote?  I"m with FTL- no diet pills.  Do it the right way people- diet and exercise!

17. What is your favorite pet’s name?  Durango.  He's my 8 yr old black lab.  He was born in Durango, CO (not named after the truck).  :)

18. Use one word to describe your computer ability?  "BA-BY!"  (That's me yelling for my husband when I have a problem with my computer.)

19. If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get?  Pizza

20. If you could invent a new flavor for Ben & Jerry, what would it be? (Name it, and tell us what you'd put in it!)  Not a fan of Ben & Jerry's.  :/
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite bumper sticker?Hmm, can't think of one.

2. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?A cockroach. I was 3, give me a break.

3. Name a hidden talent you have.I am a total female McGyvor.

4. Who would you call to be bailed out of jail?Well, I would say FI, but I would also have to add BIL. Cause, if FI's in jail, my BIL is the reason for it! LOL

5. Name the worst movie of all time.Sami, I cannot believe you said Napoleon! My heart broke a little! :) Ok, worst movie evarrrr has to be Grease 2.

6. What's the longest road trip you've ever been on? How long did it take?From El Monte, CA to Chihuahua, MX. I can't remember how long it took, but for sure over 24 hrs.

7. What is your favorite Halloween candy? Good 'ol Candy Corn!

8. How can you tell if some one is a nerd? If they have anything in common with FI, they're a nerd. LOL! :) 

Phone and a knife. You know, to be killin beasts.

10. What is the first thing you notice about someone when you first meet? I'm a handshake girl. DO NOT give me the floppy. I will judge you, and judge you hard!

11. If you where running for office what would your campaign slogan be? "ANA: She has a firm handshake."

12. What was your favorite book growing up? Flowers in the Attic. I know, weird right? I was obsessed with the story. Ohhh I think I want to read the whole series again!

13. What city in America should not be included on a map, why? El Monte, CA. Ick. I've almost been shot twice living there. It is gangster central!

14. What compliment does people give you the most? Usually people compliment my makeup or my outfits.

15. What word would you add to the dictionary if you could, what would it mean? "Stummy" It means "Sad tummy". I say that when I have a "stummy ache". FI eats it up :)

16. What product would you refuse to promote? Any mayonnaise. EWWWWW

17. What is your favorite pet’s name? Awwww, my little Candy (did not name her!) I miss my lil shitzu sooo much :(

18. Use one word to describe your computer ability? Excellent

19. If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get? Pasta! oh, and Bacon.

Lady Crack: Cake batter ice cream with cookie dough, chocolate swirls, peanut butter cup pieces, marshmallow, caramel swirls, andddd toffee.
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Fried alligator

I don't really think I have one.  

H if he was home.  If not then one of my friends here.

Pootytang.

6. What's the longest road trip you've ever been on? How long did it take? 
    NY to WA.  It was over 40 overs, and we left on a Friday and got here on a Monday.

Mallocreme pumpkins!

It depends on the situation, but usually when they talk about something in scienfific terms, or in a way that i can't understand.

Well my 2 things would probably be my phone and my dog.  But I'm guessing my phone isn't allowed, so I'll go with H and my dog.

Their shoes.

"I don't get politics, so I'll just be someone's bitch."

Babysitter's Club and Sweet Valley High

Not sure.  Probably one of the many areas that are all farm land and no signs of civilization.  

That I'm hilarious.

Redonculous.  Even more ridiculous than jut ridiculous.

Anything Jersey Shore.

Our dog growing up was named Jordan and she was awesome.  

Mediocre.

Pizza

20. If you could invent a new flavor for Ben & Jerry, what would it be? (Name it, and tell us what you'd put in it!) Enjoy!! I'm looking forward to reading responses!! Newbies better post as well!! We want to get to know you!!!
    Late-night snack is probably the best thing I could have invented.  It has caramel swirls, chocolate covered potato chips, and is amazing!
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'll play! Definitely more interesting than my homework...

"Envision Whirled Peas." I laugh every time I walk by it!

Raw quail eggs at a sushi restaurant (I don't recommend it).

Hmm... I'm very good at guessing the time, as long as I have some type of baseline? As in, if I happened to glance at the clock at 9pm, I will be able to tell you when it's 9:35 without looking.

My best friend/roommate/MOH :)

Ultraviolet.

I drove my car from Southern California up to Northern California (8 hours) and then from Northern California to Southern Maryland, where I live now, which took 7 days of 6-8 hours driving a piece.

Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups!

Usually they're friends with me, since I am one!

My Norton Anthology of Shakespeare's plays (the whole nerd thing is coming out now...) and rope. You always need rope.

Their eyes. I'm a sucker for eyes.

"Wait, really? You're actually going to vote for me?"

The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Miami, Ohio. Just because it confuses me!

That I'm smart.

This is a complicated one, but in German when you say you miss someone it literally translates to "you are missing from me." It conveys what it feels like to miss someone so much more accuraretly, at least for me, so I think we should all start saying it :)

Kindle, actually -- I'm very much a "real" book person.

Captain Jack Sparrow! Better known as Jack or Jack-Jack :)

Proficient.

In N Out :)

I dunno, they're all pretty perfect the way they are!

Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    1.      What is your favorite bumper sticker?I hate bumper stickers.  I don’t like cluttering my car with stickers.

Probably Kangaroo when I was in Australia, But to be honest it just tasted like regular meat.

I don’t know how much of a talent this is, but I can teach a dog how to sit in 5 minutes (or any other simple trick)

Well, my FI… but if that doesn’t work because he is half way across the country… one of my ‘brothers’ in the business fraternity. This one guy is like my big brother for reals.. he has saved my butt several times and he would be the next person to ask..mainly because he wouldn’t judge me for being in jail he would probably think it was funny.

Clifford. www.imdb.com/title/tt0109447/combined">http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109447/combined.

We used to go on road trips all the time as kids (with five kids it is way cheaper to drive than fly), I think the farthest we went was up to Yellowstone and around that area.

The fruit flavored tooties rolls. (Not the chocolate..blah)

They carry their calculator around with them everywhere they go, and understand what I mean when I talk about inheritance polymorphism, objects, and they know the difference between a stack and a queue. I guess that is just talking about computer nerds.

Boat and a global cell phone.

How tall they are.

..I wouldn’t run for office.  But if I did it would be very simple like “Last-Name the best choice” of something lame.

The little house of the prairie books

El Paso…Goodness that is the worst city in the US.  (No offense) but I spent a little over 8 hours there and 1). Had my car peed on. (Yea that is what you want to see when you look out your hotel window) 2). Got asked for money from homeless guy who wouldn’t take no for an answer. 3). Had my car searched for illegals.   

Personality, smile or hair. It used to really be the hair, but I have gotten really lazy and I just pull it back most days…At my old work I would have customers come touch my hair…weird.

“Winding” When it is really windy outside. Used in a sentence: It is raining and winding outside today.” I actually do this all the time. Mostly to FI as a joke because I think “Raining, Hailing, Snowing.. Winding” I said it in normal conversation to a friend about the weather and they looked at me like I was insane.

Can I just say PETA. OMG I hate anyone that stands for them, all they do is deceive and manipulate people into thinking they are all for animal welfare. Ugh.. the amount of money they spend on propaganda compared to actually helping animals is disgusting.
    Jerry Lee – My first show dog’s ‘pet name’ -- his registered name is “ Ch. *kennel name* Great Balls of Fire” and he lives up to that name ever bit.
    Expert.  It kind of comes after my degree.
    My mom’s twice baked potatoes… yum 20. If you could invent a new flavor for Ben & Jerry, what would it be? (Name it, and tell us what you'd put in it!)Baconator – Vanilla Ice Cream and Bacon. 
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_wake-up-ladies-qotd-thursday-1027?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:3f3a8e91-27d5-40dc-9bc7-18836b2f574ePost:4ef95e28-d998-49de-8a11-f77db020bc5f">Re: Wake Up Ladies QOTD Thursday 10/27</a>:
    [QUOTE] 13. What city in America should not be included on a map, why? Miami, Ohio. Just because it confuses me! Posted by birdie1020[/QUOTE]

There is also a Miami, Oklahoma. But people don't get it confused with Florida because it is pronounced "My- am- a" ..(Woo go  Native American weird pronunciation), unless you aren't from around here and then you say "Miami" and everyone laughs at you..
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_wake-up-ladies-qotd-thursday-1027?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:3f3a8e91-27d5-40dc-9bc7-18836b2f574ePost:87ecf714-2782-494c-821e-f2956d5a9292">Re: Wake Up Ladies QOTD Thursday 10/27</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake Up Ladies QOTD Thursday 10/27 : There is also a Miami, Oklahoma. But people don't get it confused with Florida because it is pronounced "My- am- a" ..(Woo go  Native American weird pronunciation), unless you aren't from around here and then you say "Miami" and everyone laughs at you..
    Posted by AmandaSC1988[/QUOTE]

How funny! That's like Mattapany road out here. It's Matt-uh-pun-EYE, but visitors always call it Matt-a-panny until we correct them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd rather be playing quiditch. 
    eggplant. I have texture issues. It had an odd texture
    I'm super flexable. even before stretching. Or I can make myself fit into small things
    Not FI. So Alycia
    Snakes on a plane
    I don't do road trips normally. I'm going to be driving to SoCal here soon. The longest trip was portland to grants pass and back in one day
    Butterfingers
    They don't have friends...
    A cell phone and FI
    Their smile. I think it says a lot about someone

I used to be great at this.. Let me think
    Son of the Mob
    Salt lake city. Something bad always happens there
    I have a nice smile. Or amazing hair. Or I get the "You're only 19?" A lot
    I have no idea.. Gotta think
    Procative. That stuff sucks
    Minnie Paws
    Amazing

Fruit
    Sex would be the name.  It would be cake batter ice cream and rice crispy treats
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Wake Up Ladies QOTD Thursday 10/27:
    My Obama sticker and my NY Giants sticker. Well, and my SJ Sharks thingy.
    Escargot I guess.
    Uh.
    A bail bondsman. If I were in jail, I'd probably deserve it, and thus no one should enable me by letting me out.
    Battlefield Earth
    6. What's the longest road trip you've ever been on?How long did it take?
    San Diego to Portland, ME on my grandparents' tour 2010. A few weeks, but I was visiting all my grandparents.
    Reese's
    If they're as cool as I am.
    The book Baby Island (it taught me all I need to know about being marooned) and H I suppose.
    I ascertain if they're military.
    I'm not Ron Paul. I don't think african americans have smaller brains, and I like the 14th amendment. 
    Too many
    ???
    Eyeballs. Or smart.
    I have distaste for adding slang to the dictionary.
    I would never be a Confederate flag salesman.
    Hank
    Troubleshooter
    Cottage cheese and peaches
    20. If you could invent a new flavor for Ben & Jerry, what would it be? (Name it, and tell us what you'd put in it!) I liked Yes, Pecan, so I suppose it would be similar to that.

I hate Dave Ramsey
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_wake-up-ladies-qotd-thursday-1027?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:3f3a8e91-27d5-40dc-9bc7-18836b2f574ePost:abdd54e5-f328-43f6-b747-1ee83b4cf395">Re: Wake Up Ladies QOTD Thursday 10/27</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake Up Ladies QOTD Thursday 10/27 : How funny! That's like Mattapany road out here. It's Matt-uh-pun-EYE, but visitors always call it Matt-a-panny until we correct them.
    Posted by birdie1020[/QUOTE]

<font size="3"><font color="#000000"><font face="Calibri"><span> </span>Yea you can tell the native Oklahomans to the visitors because they can't pronounce a lot of the towns in Oklahoma, for example some of the common ones:
    </font></font></font><font size="3"><font color="#000000"><font face="Calibri">
    Chickasha (Chick- a –Shay)
    </font></font></font><font size="3"><font color="#000000"><font face="Calibri">Tishomingo (Tis-a- ming-go)
    </font></font></font><font size="3"><font color="#000000"><font face="Calibri">Tecumseh (Te- come- saw)
    </font></font></font><font size="3"><font color="#000000"><font face="Calibri">Sapulpa (Suh-paul-pa)
    </font></font></font><font size="3"><font color="#000000"><font face="Calibri">Eufaula (You-Fall –uh)</font></font></font>
    Photobucket
  • divinemsbeedivinemsbee member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your favorite bumper sticker? There's this city that's a suburb of Jackson, MS called Madison. It's pretty chi-chi. So for a while in the early 2000s they had a bumper sticker that was black and had a big white 'M' on it, and under it it said "the city." So then someone made the bumper sticker that looked exactly the same only it had a 'W' and under it it said "the idiot." I thought that was pretty clever. Also, 'Republicans for Voldemort 2012' makes me giggle.
    2. What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten? At the fair I had a bit of shark-on-a-stick. Tastes like chicken.
    3. Name a hidden talent you have. An uncanny ability to know exactly what will fit in any given spot and keep things in my head.
    4. Who would you call to be bailed out of jail? My Dad. I think FI would freak out to much to be helpful.
    5. Name the worst movie of all time. "Manos: Hands of Fate." It's so bad that my friends and I (bad movie connoisseurs) couldn't even make it through the MST3K version.
    6. What's the longest road trip you've ever been on? How long did it take? I actually haven't done too many really bad ones. I think Jackson to Austin is probably about 10-11 hours. But the longest-feeling one is still from Pensacola to Jackson, MS. Every time going through AL I just want to start ramming people with my car.
    7. What is your favorite Halloween candy? I'm a sucker for those holiday shaped Reese's peanut butter cups. They just taste better.
    8. How can you tell if some one is a nerd?  Th line is so fine now between nerd and ironic-hipster-nerd. But I think a pocket protector with more than one pen would be a tip-off.
    9. If you were stranded on a tropical island what 2 things would you want with you? SPF 75 sunscreen and a satellite phone.
    10. What is the first thing you notice about someone when you first meet? In men, when defining attractiveness: arms. I'm a sucker for a nice set of guns. With most people, just every day, mouths. I think how you hold your mouth says a lot.
    11. If you where running for office what would your campaign slogan be? Knope 2012.
    12. What was your favorite book growing up? I loved Beatrix (sidebar: what about this as a girl's name, too hipster-y?) Potter and 'The Secret Garden' when I was younger, but once I hit 10 or so, Babysitters Club and Sweet Valley all the way (has anyone read the new SVH follow -up book yet?).
    13. What city in America should not be included on a map, why? These: http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2011/10/jon-stewart-tours-americas-other-racist-place-names/43276/
    14. What compliment does people give you the most? People love my hair. It's dyed, but I get tons of compliments, especially on how real it looks.
    15. What word would you add to the dictionary if you could, what would it mean? Cromulent. Meaning both respectable and not respectable at all.
    16. What product would you refuse to promote? Probably anything that promotes human-trafficking.
    17. What is your favorite pet’s name? Buscuit. My dog who I got when I was 6 and lived til I was 21. She was so smart. Wish that the puppy was that smart. Keep telling myself it'll come in time.
    18. Use one word to describe your computer ability? Semi-literate.
    19. If you could have an endless supply of any food, what would you get? Hot wings from the Cherokee Drive-Inn in Jackson, MS. SO delicious. Possibly their fried dill pickles.
    20. If you could invent a new flavor for Ben & Jerry, what would it be? (Name it, and tell us what you'd put in it!) Deep milk chocolate with sea salt and caramel ribbons. Called "Screw You: You Silly Siren." Still mad at Sbux for getting rid of the signature hot chocolate. I can still get my salted caramel, but it isn't the same!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have one... Not a big bumper sticker fan. I did see one this week that made me laugh that said "My child is an honor student and my president is an idiot"

hmm... well a lot of people think the low carb brownies I make with white beans instead of flower is weird.

3. Name a hidden talent you have.'
    If I told you about it, it wouldn't be hidden anymore :p I think my ability to react to things in an appropriate manner in my job is a hidden talent because some people don't realize how difficult it is to not laugh at their stupidity.

Either FI or my sister. 

World's Greatest Dad. Robin Williams usually does funny movies... I figured it would be a funny movie? Nope, it's the story of a dad whose child accidentally hangs himself while trying strangulation during masturbation. Terrible movie.

Road trip to PA with 6 horses. Completed the trip in 2 days. 

I <3 candy corn

Depends on what kind of nerd you're looking for... pocket protectors anyone? lol

FI (oh wait, he isn't a thing..)
    sunscreen and a good book

Whether or not they bathe/smell bad. 

I have no idea.

I'm a dork- Les Miserables is my all time favorite. I read it for the first time when I was 8.

Washington, DC. Nothing good ever comes out of that place. lol

That I have a great smile

raptor- to do something behind a person and randomly take their picture, while they are clueless as to what's going on in the background

There is an anti-hot flash medication that is derived from Pregnant Mare's urine ... they breed these mares and then don't care what happens to the foals. It's cruel.

Lance and Phoebe :) My dog and horse

average

hummus <3

the only things I want in ice cream already exist, so instead of spending my time doing this, I'd just eat already existing ice cream!
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hmmm....I'd have to say my bumper "magnet" that says USMC, or one I saw that said "If you're gonna ride my ass, at least pull my har". I hate when people ride my ass while I'm driving.

"Cannibal Meat" is what FI calls it. He loves it. It's basically raw meat and he puts it on crackers. I think it's disgusting.

I don't know if it's considered a talent persay, but I've been told that I always find a way to look at the positive side of any situation and that I make people laugh. So I'm gonna go with that.

FI. For sure. But then again he'd probably be the one sitting next to me, so in that case my dad.

I can't think of the worst right now, but Children of the Corn is definitely on my list. I love scary movies, but that one was just cheesy and not good at all.

Probably the time my family drove from MN to FL. It took 27 hours I think. I love my family, but that is too long to be in a car with them.

Probably reese's. Or candy corn.

When they wear what I call "high-waters" - Or really really short pants, and could tell you everything you ever wanted to know about how to program a computer.

A rope and something to make fire with

Their smile and whether or not they have a good sense of humor

"Let this feisty girl show you what it looks like to get the job done."

Probably anything by Judy Bloom

Bock, MN. A strip club in a town of 50 people called "Fat Jack's"?? Need I say more.

I've heard that I'm beautiful and they love my eyes

Dillygaf - "Does it look like I give a f*ck" People probably already know what it means, but I just think it's kinda funny. Instead of actually saying "Eff You" to someone, you could just simply say "Dillygaf" and they'd have no idea :)

Breast enhancement pills or things that promise instant weight loss. I haven't tried either one, but something tells me they wouldn't work.

Sammi & Kiko

Nottooshabby :)

Pizza. Or strawberries

I would name it "This will go straight to your boobs so you don't have to feel guilty about eating it." - It would contain brownie pieces, reese's, cookie dough, caramel, and fudge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards