Military Brides
Options

Discounts in Maryland area

Hey, my fiancé and I are active duty Navy. We just started planning our wedding and it'd be great if anyone knows vendors in the Baltimore/Annapolis area that provide military discounts! Thanks in advance! Jackey and Charles
Live Life, Love Life!!!

Re: Discounts in Maryland area

• Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Jackey! First, if "bratt" is your last name, you should make a new s/n. Not safe to have your first and last name on here! There might be a few ladies on here in the Baltimore area, but you may have better luck checking your local board, or just finding vendors you like and just ask them.
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jackey, ditto what Binx said on changing the screen name.  We can have our moderator ask The Knot to delete your current screen name for security purposes, if you'd like.  Trust us, it's much better not to ever put your full name (whether your maiden, but most especially not your married - we gotta protect the personal security of our troops) out there on the public interwebz.  You'll have to use a new email address to register for a new screen name (that doesn't tie to your name), but it's really worth it!  Please do it if you're going to keep posting.

I am getting married in an area that is not very "military" at all, and I got thousands of dollars off just for asking vendors if they offered a discount.  Just ask - "Hey, I was wondering, my fiance is in the Navy and so I wanted to know if you offered any sort of military discount?"  A lot of places that had never offered a military discount in the past were like, "Well, we support our troops, so I'll knock 10% off your bill."  Or like our DJ, he said, "Well, I really can't cut the prices on the package, but I can offer free uplighting."  Which saved us $250!  Thank you very much!

When in doubt, ask politely.  The worst they can say is no (or like one of my potential-but-not-hired vendors, start saying they don't offer handicapped discounts, so they can't just start offering discounts to just anyone.  Um, buddy, you missed the point.)

Anniversary

• Options
    Hey ladies, thanks! How do I change my info so that my first/last name isn't showing??? I'm so un-techno savvy!!!
    Live Life, Love Life!!!
  • Options
    You have to make a new screen name. You can't change your current.
  • Options
    Ok, thanks!
    Live Life, Love Life!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards