Military Brides
Options

boutineers on military dress uniforms....

Hi Ladies! I am not a military bride but I do have a question. My FIs brother and best friend are both currently serving. They have asked us if it was ok to wear their dress uniforms in our wedding. Both are groomsmen. We said of course. I was wondering if it was ok for them to still have boutineers? I asked my florist and she told me no, that we couldn't add anything to the uniforms. However my MOH asked her husband, who is an ex marine and he said yes they could. Does anyone know for sure? Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: boutineers on military dress uniforms....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i don't know for sure.. but i'm pretty sure thats a no. but even if you can i wouldn't do it.
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know for sure. It's a negative. Nothing extra on the uniform.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Options
    K&JChristieK&JChristie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, I asked my father who is retired USCG and my FI currently serving and they also said negative, nothing can be added to the uniform. I wanted uniformed men in our wedding party but currently found out that 4 of the original 5 men were either being deployed or restationed! I asked all those questions in the beginning also.
  • Options
    hhgg1225hhgg1225 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I was thinking it was a no but just wanted to make sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had no idea that they couldnt add stuff (even a boutinere!) to their dress uniform...LOL I never even thought to ask him if this was an issue, i just assumed it was ok - he will get out of wearing a pink rose lol...
  • Options
    RianeandJeffRianeandJeff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    from what ive heard its a no go... no adding or subtracting anything from dress uniforms. sorry it is a good question though... cause i never thought about it coming up... :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so happy about this rule so we can save money by not buying extra flowers!! Sad that this is the first time uniform regs have ever worked out in my favor, but I'll take it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A big No No for sure!!
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards