Military Brides

Home sweet home blues... :(

Hey girls, well today has just been a hell of a day...packing and moving and unpacking and saying my goodbyes to my family. Well I guess today was to be the day that I became a big girl with the new job and apartment all to herself. I have to say that it was all great up until it hit me that I won't be seeing my family like I used to and that I'm literally all alone now. I got all choked up about it for a good 5 minutes and then realized that I guess this is just the way things have to be. However, I'm still pretty sad about my family. I love them so much :( and I'm really going to miss the summers and winters we spent together...

Re: Home sweet home blues... :(

• I'm sorry you're bummed out. I have been feeling a bit like that too since moving from Georgia. Although it has been many years since I've lived with them.

How far away are you from your family now?
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • I get the feeling, but surprisingly after I moved, I found I wasn't homesick as much as I thought I would be. I do miss my family and friends, but I do like the life I've made for myself, so hopefully you have the same experience! 

I do get homesick random times, like when everyone is at my brother's house having a cook out and hanging out. I never missed those and now I've missed a full year of them :( 
  • Hike: I'm only three hours away...but I think I always get like this when we say good bye. Now with a job outside of school where i am required to work most weekends, I'm not going to have the liberty to leave on a Friday afternoon to go down for the weekend. That's what gets me the most. :/     Ggirl: That&s usually the case when I move somewhere new, I'll be fine in the next couple of days though. I know what you mean as far as family get-togethers...I feel like every year I miss more and more events. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards