Military Brides

Help! how can I add coast guard touches to a traditional wedding?!?!?

Hello!

My Fiance is the in US Coast Guard and we are having a traditional wedding but I would like to suprise him somehow with incorporating the coast guard somewhere in the ceremony or reception... Any of you have any ideas how I can add a special touch anywhere?
I really want it to be a suprise to him!

Any Ideas would be great!

Thanks!

Re: Help! how can I add coast guard touches to a traditional wedding?!?!?

• Have a bunch of people bust into the wedding for some lawful search and seizure?

I'm just kidding. What about a cake topper or something? A groom's cake? Does he want USCG stuff in the wedding?
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • haha good one! That would get everyones attention real quick!

he didnt say if he wanted USCG stuff around or not but Id like at least something even if its small! I know he would love it... I thought about a grooms cake but we already have a decent size cake and candy bar so not sure If we need anymore sweets than that!
  • There were some good suggestions on a similar post a bit ago - including adding charms to the flower bouquets and/or bouts or a CG garter. There are some cute custom military cake toppers on Etsy also.

• What about some nautical touches maybe not strictly coast guard?
  • I'm a fan of the garter.  Even though I'm not having a garter, it's a cute way of incorporating something personal without overdoing it.  It's a fun little surprise!

Anniversary

• Haha Stan, too funny. My first thought was "alien migrant interdiction." 

OP, maybe you could have cookies made with the insignia on the candy table? Or have little USCG flags displayed on the candy table? We played "I'm on a boat" and all the Coasties went apeshit...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_can-add-coast-guard-touches-traditional-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:4c1893f8-f9d0-4945-822e-ec56f5410d1ePost:cbd03bbf-a982-4dfa-b2d7-336927dd7d7c">Re: Help! how can I add coast guard touches to a traditional wedding?!?!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha Stan, too funny. My first thought was "alien migrant interdiction."  OP, maybe you could have cookies made with the insignia on the candy table? Or have little USCG flags displayed on the candy table?<strong> We played "I'm on a boat" and all the Coasties went apeshit...</strong>
    Posted by Irishcurls[/QUOTE]<div>that's awesome. 

</div>
  • I like the idea of a USCG garter.  I'm not incorporating any Army NG stuff, but a friend of mine bought a digital camo garter for me to wear.  He'll enjoy it when he pulls it off and sees it.
    Photobucket
  • How about playing "Semper Paratus" during some part of the reception? Or include blue/orange candy on the candy table? USCG logo stickers on the favors?
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards