Military Brides
Options

Free Wedding Dresses for Military Brides

Okay, so  I am a military bride and i've been looking for a dress. 
apparently www.BridesAcrossAmerica.com has free dresses for us for a few days next week (if you or your hubby has been deployed within 5 years, etc). Has anyone done this before? If so, how was your experience? Was it a nice dress? Thanks yall!

Re: Free Wedding Dresses for Military Brides

• Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there- I have never done that. But off subject, you should consider getting a new account with a new screen name. Not very safe to have your last name out there for everyone to see
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Binxy- I assume you have your dress already? IDK if this program is something you're elligible for (I'm still new in my book and I can't remember your fi's MOS/deployment hx) but this brides across America thing is legit from what I hear. 

OP- I have heard of it but haven't done it yet. I'm planning to go check one of them out next week; which reminds me, I need to call and see if the orders FI sent me that make us elligible are acceptable to them (apparently the Navy changed their system so there is a new form that people aren't used to seeing, and Verizon was a bunch of a-holes over it). 
    wedding1 Anniversary
  • Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ya I have my dress! I just wanted to let OP knw she should change her sn
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine got her dress for her VR last year.  It was absolutely beautiful.  She's donating it back so another Mil bride can use it this year.  They have also donated a ton of dresses to our FRG to use for ball.  It's a great program. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well thank you for all of the replies! And my screenname isn't my name yet ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Regardless of if it's your name now, or if it will be your name, That's alot of personal information you're putting out there.  Please, read up on OPSEC/PERSEC.

Here's a Link from the Military Nesties FAQ page: Clicky
    Photobucket
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, it's even worse if it's your FI's name, because he's a service member and any information you happen to post even innocently could be more easily tied back to him.

It's just WAYYYYY better to keep all personal names (especially last names!) off the interwebs.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards