Military Brides
Options

help with wording - acknowledging military family member in program booklet

Hi everyone,

Please forgive my ignorance - I am coming to this board in an effort to learn and be respectful.

My FI's brother will be absent from our wedding due to miilitary service.  I would like to acknowledge him in our program booklet, and want to be very careful to use the correct wording - which is completely unfamiliar to me.

I made a first attempt at the wording, below.  If I've phrased anything incorrectly, could someone please let me know so I can correct it?

Thank you, everyone, for your help.

We thank Joe’s brother, John Doe, for his service to our country.  John is a Chief Warrant Officer, 2nd Class, in the (state) National Guard, and is currently stationed at (xxx) in training for deployment to (xxx).

Re: help with wording - acknowledging military family member in program booklet

• Options
    In Response to Re:help with wording acknowledging military family member in program booklet:[QUOTE]Hi everyone,Please forgive my ignorancenbsp; I am coming to this board in an effort to learn and be respectful.My FI's brother will be absent from our wedding due to miilitary service.nbsp; I would like to acknowledge him in our program booklet, and want to be very careful to use the correct wording which is completely unfamiliar to me.I made a first attempt at the wording, below.nbsp; If I've phrased anything incorrectly, could someone please let me know so I can correct it?Thank you, everyone, for your help. We thank Joersquo;s brother, John Doe, for his service to our country.nbsp;nbsp;John is a Chief Warrant Officer, 2nd Class, in thenbsp;state National Guard, and is currently stationed atnbsp;xxx in training for deployment to xxx. Posted by verdesiempre14[/QUOTE]
    I would take out where he is and just say due to military obligations is unable to attend the wedding.
  • Options
    Agreed with GG!
  • Options
    Yeah I wouldn't say where he is. 
  • Options
    I agree with the other ladies.  You don't need to say where he is or where he is going.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It's really sweet of you to try to acknowledge him.  Why don't you ask him how he'd like to be referenced?  I think it sounds fine, just know that there's a little thing called OPSEC (Operational Security) which means that people with knowledge of military movements (like deployments) typically should keep that information as close to the chest as possible.  So I wouldn't put both where he currently is and where he's pending deployment. 

May I suggest this wording?

"We thank the brother of the groom, John Doe, for his service to our country.  John is a Chief Warrant Office, 2nd Class in the ______ National Guard, and due to his military commitment, is unable to attend today.  He is here in our hearts, and will celebrate from afar."

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards