Military Brides
Options

Color coordination

I'm having such fun thinking out all the details of me wedding even though it's over a year away! Fi gets irritated when I want him to discuss details that have no relevence right now, so I'm going to toss this out to all of you :)

We are thinking of having our colors be dark blue with creamy yellow and bright/mediumish pink as accent colors. (OK, read "we" as "I decided and he agreed") We'd like to have the bridesmaids in dark blue/navy. Fi and some of his groomsmen will be in Army dress blues, which include a black jacket and blue pants.

We'll also have some civilian groomsmen, either in tuxes or suits (not sure which yet.) So... navy blue suits? Black suits? Black tuxes with...what color vest???

What would you do?
White Knot Visit The Knot! Daisypath Graduation tickers

Re: Color coordination

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_color-coordination-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:56560bec-3e57-4d11-9222-119c6a333732Post:1bc47fbb-9a2f-46d5-a9d8-b191da749040">Color coordination</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having such fun thinking out all the details of me wedding even though it's over a year away! Fi gets irritated when I want him to discuss details that have no relevence right now, so I'm going to toss this out to all of you :) We are thinking of having our colors be dark blue with creamy yellow and bright/mediumish pink as accent colors. <strong>(OK, read "we" as "I decided and he agreed") </strong>We'd like to have the bridesmaids in dark blue/navy. Fi and some of his groomsmen will be in Army dress blues, which include a black jacket and blue pants. We'll also have some civilian groomsmen, either in tuxes or suits (not sure which yet.) So... navy blue suits? Black suits? Black tuxes with...what color vest??? What would you do?
    Posted by SarahP787[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Hahahaha the bold part made me laugh!! I think that's a case with a lot of couples, but I'm grateful that my fiance is always willing to talk about our wedding (even though it's 3 years away!).</div><div>
    </div><div>I love all of your color choices, and my first instinct is to say that navy blue suits would be nice... but I'm not sure if you'd want them to blend in with the BMs that much.

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd just go with standard black tuxes, especially as the men will have black in their outfits.  Try to keep the dresses a deep rich blue rather than an almost-black navy to have the best look.

Anniversary

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do black tuxes with black or ivory vests for the GMs.  Keep it simple. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_color-coordination-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:56560bec-3e57-4d11-9222-119c6a333732Post:db33f263-b831-486b-a0e5-709f6787692f">Re: Color coordination</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd just go with standard black tuxes, especially as the men will have black in their outfits.  Try to keep the dresses a deep rich blue rather than an almost-black navy to have the best look.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

I think dark blue would look nicer than navy too, in general... do you think dark blue vests with black tuxes would be weird? I guess we could skip vests and just have cumberbunds...

Also don't get me wrong, my Fi will totally talk about the wedding! He likes to pretend to himself that he doesn't have opinions but he totally does ;-) He just doesn't want to have deep conversations about random details - he'd rather be deciding on a venue and stuff that we should be deciding now.
    White Knot Visit The Knot! Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you go over to The Nest and the Military Nesties board, look around for the FAQ button in some of our siggies.  It's in mine over there.  There is a part of the site that has pics from military weddins.  Some have pics with civilian GMs while others are in uniform.  It may give you an idea of what it will look like. 
    Personally, I wouldn't try to match the uniform.  It never looks right. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You'll probably think I'm crazy, but I am a self proclaimed Pink girl, I would put as much pink as possible on people!! Like Pink ties for GM, or Pink sashes for BM. Just a thought!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    kararenee12kararenee12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the classic black tuxes.  My FI is USMC, so some of the GM will be USMC, some will be civilians - they are wearing black tuxes with black vests to match the dress blues the best.  To make my dad & my FI's dad stand out, they will have ivory vests rather than black like the GM.  Hope that helps!
  • Options
    peanutsmamapeanutsmama member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband(thanks to the JP!) is wearing his Army blues. And I just went round for round with myself on how to make those colors work. I'm putting my girls in a color called navy but isn't super dark like you were talking about earlier. And for the guys I would have really liked to have had everyone in their uniforms but the bestman is the only civilian. So now all the groomsmen are in tuxes. I looked at the navy tuxes but they're so dark they just look like faded black. So we're going with black tuxes so the black is sharp looking against the girls and we're having the guys wear vest and ties that have a darkish blue and in the pattern. And the dad's are wearing blue/silverish vest with the black tux.OH! And for the wedding party flowers we're doing bright pink, going for that major pop effect.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards