Military Brides

Question for those already familiar with Army policies

My soon to be husband is at MEPS as we speak. A question came up recently when I learned of a family members situation.  When my cousin (USMC) got married he was told that even though his wife would not be living with him, all married personel would not be allowed to live on base. He had to find off base housing in NC, and his wife stayed in DE living with her parents.
Is this a common practice. I am not familiar enough with policies of the Military. I do not know if they differ between the branches or even each base.   Can anyone help me find out or have any suggestions of where to find the info.

Re: Question for those already familiar with Army policies

• Usually you cannot stay in the barracks after you are married. You have to move to on base housing or a place in town off base. That includes even if your spouse is not living with you. On some very rare conditions can someone stay in the barracks after they are married but it is not common.
  • For Officers in the USMC, I do know some that are geo bachelors (when you're separated by distance from your spouse) who stay in the BOQ on base - the Bachelor Officers Quarters.  This is usually short term assignments, but I do know someone who lived there for 2+ years.  I wouldn't recommend it, though - it's a lousy extended stay hotel.  But it's cheap!

Anniversary

• the barracks are for single soldiers generally.  When my ex (army ) was stationed at Ft Campbbell-  he was able to stay in barracks from July- sept when I was able to move down.  That was only because of special circumstances... he was supposed to  be on a deployment and it got cancelled ( back in 99).  and so i moved down and we found a place. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards