Military Brides
Options

Weeks Highs and Lows

Hey Ladies!

Well I made it to our new apartment. Problem is... my shipment is stuck in another state and delayed a week. (Long story short, some other people canceled their move, and they wont move my things until their truck is full) Gotta love Military PCS LoL. It's really not that big of a deal to me, as I had moved essentials with me this trip and last trip. H is pretty bummed though because he arrives this weekend and I will not have it ready. Man am I glad that H and I bought a futon last trip though!

Highs: I found the perfect art piece and dresser for our bedroom. I love hunting for deals and found my new favorite home decor place called Kirklands.

Another High:: H arrives tomorrow and we will have a ton of free time next week!! Well it has now turned into moving/unpacking time but I like the idea of putting him to work lol.

Final High- I have successfully transitioned my dog to sleeping on the floor outside her crate. She has been allowed to sleep with me the last 6 months.

Re: Weeks Highs and Lows

• Options
    LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whoa! Good job to you and your dog! When H is deployed, I don't know if I'll let Geno sleep with me. He is stubborn and I can see the transition being super hard for him! How did you do it?

Sorry to hear about your stuff but I'm glad you have essentials! Way to be prepared!

My high for the week is that I'm still on summer vacation. I love it! and yesterday I got a lot of cute clothes at the Loft.

My low? I feel like I'm eating more because I'm home a lot. I hate that feeling!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!  Congrats on the move, bummer about the delay, but hopefully all will be settled soon!  Remind your DH that you aren't the moving fairy, and if he wants it all in place when he arrives, he should remember that the military doesn't always go as planned and you can't do everything!

My High:  FI came home!  Gosh, it just about exploded my heart with joy.  I've been so happy to have him home to cuddle with!  Now he'll be home for literally the next year - then we'll be apart the month of August next year, and then we get MARRIED!!!  Woo hoo!

My Low:  I took a hiatus from wedding planning after I got all the big things booked, and now I'm re-entering and it's overwhelming.  All the stupid little details that I can't even imagine, and I'm double guessing all my color choices and flowers, etc.  AHHHH!

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weeks-highs-lows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:6e573daa-00c2-431b-bf07-aef9ce367653Post:6a34bc77-213f-40dd-8cc8-99ae01170817">Re: Weeks Highs and Lows</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whoa! Good job to you and your dog! When H is deployed, I don't know if I'll let Geno sleep with me. He is stubborn and I can see the transition being super hard for him! How did you do it? Sorry to hear about your stuff but I'm glad you have essentials! Way to be prepared! My high for the week is that I'm still on summer vacation. I love it! and yesterday I got a lot of cute clothes at the Loft. My low? I feel like I'm eating more because I'm home a lot. I hate that feeling!
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

Well it was a sleepless night of every time she got off her bed, I told her to get back on it and gave her a treat. I also prevented her from getting up on the bed, because I can recognize when she is getting ready to jump and said "no" and when she stayed I gave her another treat.

I hear you on the weight. Since being umemployed and moving (lots of time at home) I have gained 10lbs since the wedding. :(
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a bummer about the delay Shan but have a blast with your H while you have him! I also really like Kirkland, they have beautiful decors for the house. I can't wait until we PCS so I can buy things and decorate! I am the same on the weight, I've gained so much after the wedding and am now trying to lose it all! It's the heaviest I've been my whole life. Ugh

High: I guess I've been very good at reading lately. I've finished about 5 books within the last few days! 

Low: The heat is just so terrible, I know it's like this every year but this year is just worse than others! So I barely go out because of this. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weeks-highs-lows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:6e573daa-00c2-431b-bf07-aef9ce367653Post:d25298ba-8083-4a19-a60b-64110d68704d">Re: Weeks Highs and Lows</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's a bummer about the delay Shan but have a blast with your H while you have him! I also really like Kirkland, they have beautiful decors for the house. I can't wait until we PCS so I can buy things and decorate! I am the same on the weight, I've gained so much after the wedding and am now trying to lose it all! It's the heaviest I've been my whole life. Ugh High: I guess I've been very good at reading lately. I've finished about 5 books within the last few days!  Low: The heat is just so terrible, I know it's like this every year but this year is just worse than others! So I barely go out because of this. 
    Posted by kara811[/QUOTE]

I am still adjusting to the heat. My goodness if I don't melt we'll be just fine! My black dog is struggling. We haven't been able to walk longer than several blocks, which is fine by me since its 110*

ETA: Kara I also can't believe our 6.5 year LDR is coming to an end tomorrow. It seems like it's been a lifetime and I want to run around my apt screaming H is coming tomorrow! LoL I wonder what my neighbors would think about that. ;)
  • Options
    kara811kara811 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weeks-highs-lows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:6e573daa-00c2-431b-bf07-aef9ce367653Post:48b04b74-8f2e-4b59-b69d-0217e155e6da">Re: Weeks Highs and Lows</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weeks Highs and Lows : I am still adjusting to the heat. My goodness if I don't melt we'll be just fine! My black dog is struggling. We haven't been able to walk longer than several blocks, which is fine by me since its 110* ETA: Kara I also can't believe our 6.5 year LDR is coming to an end tomorrow. It seems like it's been a lifetime and I want to run around my apt screaming H is coming tomorrow! LoL I wonder what my neighbors would think about that. ;)
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Shan, I would run around screaming as well if I were you! That is just the sweetest thing! That's another reason why I can't wait to PCS, our LDR would be over when we do! </div><div>
    </div><div>You'll get used to the heat, it took me a while to adjust to it but when summer comes around I usually try to stay inside. It gets too unbearable sometimes. </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shan: I'm glad you get lots of free time with your hubby :)
    Calindi: Glad your FI is home :) enjoy your time with him
  • Options
    Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shan, don't you love the waiting game?

My High:  I am not really entirely sure.  We're having a barbeque Saturday so I'm excited for that.

My Lows (2):  We found out DH is deploying and soon.  My MEPS date was also pushed back.  I just want this application process to be over with.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sammy- Do you mean the waiting game for my stuff or for the H?

If for our stuff... I just find it funny they guaranteed our stuff to arrive by tomorrow yet that isn't going to happen so they now guarantee it for tuesday. Which means I have very little confidence it actually will. I do hope it is tuesday so we can get it all unpacked before H has to report to work.

If for the H... it wont seem real that he is staying for good until I wake up next to him for a while. Or when we actually have our stuff in our place. It still feels like I am only visiting.
  • Options
    Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I meant the stuff that would drive me crazy for them to keep changing things
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Calindi- how exciting about your FI coming home!!! I can only imagine the complete and utter joy you must have felt:) Enjoy!!

High: Let's see, I made the news, just a picture though... Made cinnamon buns yesterday... nom nom. Aaaand I just bought some super comfy tees. I found this brand at TJ Maxx a few months ago, and have been itching to buy more after getting a basic green tee... Today I got black, jade and iris.

Low: Stressed about wedding stuff. Other people sabotaging things that I had complete... kind of drives me nuts. That and my supervisor giving me big things to do before I PCS (that other people will get to take the credit for and slap their names on), all the while making it crystal clear he thinks I am an incompetent, stupid bag of suck. On another note... total bummer that Amy Winehouse died. I really liked her music.

Also, a shake weight commercial just came on TV and this always cracks me up... so add that as a plus!

Edit: I suck at putting in links.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weeks-highs-lows?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:6e573daa-00c2-431b-bf07-aef9ce367653Post:e2a74b52-bc31-4e9f-a217-f4bb0a64c83a">Re: Weeks Highs and Lows</a>:
    [QUOTE]I meant the stuff that would drive me crazy for them to keep changing things
    Posted by Sammy0709[/QUOTE]

Let me preface that I love our Military but I have low expectations for them when it comes to timelines. :) The best thing H and the Military have taught me, is to be more flexible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards