Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

pew decorations

Hi everyone!  I am planning a June 18th wedding, with the ceremony in our church, and the reception will be at my parents farm under a tent.  We're kind of doing a vintage/country theme using three mason jars as our centerpieces in the reception, and I wanted to extend the theme to the ceremony.  We have two large (half gallon) vintage mason jars that our florist suggested we use to hold our centerpieces up front.  I want to have some decorations on the pews (like every 3rd pew).  Would it be weird to extend the theme and use the small jelly jars with flowers for the pews?  My mom exclaimed that people would bump into them and knock them over and quickly dismissed the idea (I love her, but I think her anxiety issues is turning her into a little momzilla at times), but we couldn't agree on any other ideas.  

Is anybody here doing pew decorations?  

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
Erin has read 1 book toward her goal of 25 books.
hide
Follow Me on Pinterest Married Bio and For Sale! Updated 12/23
"And now you stand before me today, and with all my heart I say, that you are God's miracle to me." June 18th, 2011

Re: pew decorations

• Options
    I havent thought about it for my wedding yet but I went to one once where they had little lanterns (with those battery "candles" inside) hanging off the end of every other pew. It looked great and I dont recall there being any problems
    img_9694 Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm making white paper doily pew cones and putting baby's breath in them and hanging them with ribbon. This would be a bit "vintage/country".  If your wedding is in the evening, you can put LED votives in the bottom, to add some difused lighting.
  • Options
    We had lanterns and didn't run into any issues with people knocking into them. I think small jars of flowers would look very pretty!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards