Military Brides

Merry Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas Eve/Christmas everyone! Hope you all have a good holiday :)

Re: Merry Christmas Eve

• Merry Christmas zims. I'm here drinking mimosas ready to watch the Steele gam. Anyone around?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Clearly you're drinking Mims Hike!!Wink I'm drinking Spiked Eggnog!! Yummmm!!
    Photobucket
  • I'm sick on freaking Christmas Eve. My dad's making a late breakfast for all of us because our uncle and his partner just stopped by so hopefully some food will make my tummy hurt less lol
  • Sorry you're sick! Sami- we had a gingerbread martini out to dinner last night. To. Die. For. My dad also got a bottle of adult chocolate milk from a friend. So freaking good.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Merry Christmas Eve! FI and I are at my mom and stepdad's for Christmas. We had company french toast for breakfast (so bad for your calories, but so good for your taste buds)! We opened gifts, now we've been playing games. I was up $6 from shut box woot woot! We're taking a little break, then back to LCR! I had my one cup of egg nog for the year. Soo good!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_merry-christmas-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:75262cbd-47ee-418d-adb0-7a6a0a2221e4Post:d7de5103-b05c-4b8c-9e6d-5d7ae9207858">Re: Merry Christmas Eve</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry you're sick! Sami- we had a gingerbread martini out to dinner last night. To. Die. For. My dad also got a bottle of adult chocolate milk from a friend. So freaking good.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]
    What's in adult chocolate milk haha
  • I think it's vodka and chocolate milk! We are huge drinkers so it's an all day event today and tomorrow.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Merry Christmas Eve Ladies!

I have a Christmas related confession. Last night I went to my Mom's side Christmas, which is usually a ton of fun. However, this year I didn't enjoy myself at all. It was chaos which is standard when large families get together, but I found myself just sitting back and watching the madness not fitting in any of the cliques. :( I'm not part of the kid group anymore because of my age, but since we don't have kids I don't feel part of the Adult gang (they are usually focused on helping the kids open gifts etc). So I was just there. When I did get a chance to talk to a couple people all they wanted to talk about was H.

I am however, super excited for Christmas at my in-laws tonight. I'm just hoping all goes well with H skyping in :)
  • Shan!!  My Fingers are crossed for you!! I hope everything goes well with Skype!!
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_merry-christmas-eve?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:75262cbd-47ee-418d-adb0-7a6a0a2221e4Post:9214b737-9946-48e2-be4b-fa4507703aae">Re: Merry Christmas Eve</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shan!!  My Fingers are crossed for you!! I hope everything goes well with Skype!!
    Posted by SamiJoeB[/QUOTE]

Thanks! It's been super crappy all week :/
  • Merry Christmas everybody! Today has been super busy, we've hit my dad's family Christmas, FI's family (where I had enough wine to get a very nice buzz going right now!), and we're in the car headed to my mom's side's Christmas Eve bash. It's been awesome family time, and I feel so blessed and lucky to have FI here with me for the first time in 3 years. I hope you all have a fabulous night before Christmas!
  • Merry Christmas!!!!

I have a CHristmas rant. My center-of-attention- sister. She seriously is the most annoying woman you have every met, She has always be the center of attention, and if she isn't she stirs up some drama to be the center of attention.  Last night after dinner all the kids were helping clean up so my mom would relax. Except for her, my other sister whispered something to me, and truly I should have just ignored it, but the Snarky Amanda in me has to point out that she wasn't helping. She got pissed off and ran to her room (if it was me, knowning my family dynamic I would have laughed and started to help clean up), then her H goes to coddle her and then she turns into ragng sister and has been doing everything in the world to get under my skin.  Example, she woke me up this morning  blow drying her hair in the bathroom next to my bedroom (With door open) and talking to her H over the hair dryer, when she knows how the sound travels in this house.  

I'm trying to type all this out so I don't slap her across the face when I see her. Goodness, gottz love family
    Photobucket
  • bahaha... I'm sorry Amanda!! It'll just be a little while longer right?  Still, I'm sorry you have to deal with it. 

My sister and her kids are coming up next weekend, but we're really lucky in that we get along really well.  She's 16 years older than I am, so I'm actually closer in age to my niece and nephew than I am my sister and for a while she was really bossy but she's mellowed out.  Does your sister have kids?  Maybe that will help to mellow her out too!!
    Photobucket
  • Shan, how did Skype work for you today? 

Did those of you with a deployed loved one get to speak with them at all today?  I'm hoping wherever they are, that they are safe and comfortable and will be back soon in your arms!  And I'm thinking of all of you who couldn't be with loved ones today.  Hope you were able to make the best of it and enjoy the holiday!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards