Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Beach Wedding - No Chairs?

My fiance and I are looking at ways to save money for our wedding.  We are going to have a somewhat small wedding and a very short ceremony on the beach.  Is it okay to not have chairs for the ceremony and just have the guests stand around us?
Thanks for any input!

Re: Beach Wedding - No Chairs?

• Options
    I think you need to provide chairs -- people get to wedding ceremonies very early usually around 30 minutes, so even if your ceremony is short they're going to be standing around for awhile.

But you can save money on chair rentals check with a local church or other type of club to see if you could borrow theres for less or maybe even free!
  • Options
    Be kind to your guests. Provide them with chairs.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    That's what I was thinking...but my fiance is convinced that we can do it without the chairs.  Now to convince him...
  • Options
    Tell him to think about the family members/friends who are older or may have health conditions and can't stand for 20-30 minutes straight. I wouldn't want to stand around that long.
  • Options
    Remind him that people show up to weddings early (as much as 30 minutes beforehand) and you don't want them to have to stand that long. It's impossible to know who might have back/leg problems and be unable to stand for any length of time.
  • Options
    The last wedding I was involved with, most people had about a 90 min to 2 hour drive.  Many arrived very early - 90 minutes early in some cases! - because they were unsure of how long it would take and what traffic would be like, so they gave themselves a lot of time.  Can you imagine if seating hadn't been provided because "the ceremony will be short"?!
  • Options
    Tell him to go outside and stand on his tip toes to simulate high heels.  He needs to stay like that for at least 60 minutes (minimum).  20 minutes for the time most people arrive early, 15 minutes for the short ceremony (if it starts exactly on time), and then at LEAST 15 more minutes to represent the congratulating, mingling after the wedding.  Once he has been on his tip toes for 60 minutes, ask him how he feels about chairs now.
  • Options
    kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_beach-wedding-no-chairs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:ac782c35-acb5-4616-8847-5c2d08ce7105Post:81611a43-4dec-4aa1-951e-d21956893190">Re: Beach Wedding - No Chairs?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tell him to go outside and stand on his tip toes to simulate high heels.  He needs to stay like that for at least 60 minutes (minimum).  20 minutes for the time most people arrive early, 15 minutes for the short ceremony (if it starts exactly on time), and then at LEAST 15 more minutes to represent the congratulating, mingling after the wedding.  Once he has been on his tip toes for 60 minutes, ask him how he feels about chairs now.
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]

and make sure he does it in the sand!

A seat for every butt!!!!!
  • Options
    Does he want to help Grandma stand up and brush the sand off her legs and skirt after she gives up and sits in the sand?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards