Military Brides
Options

NWR: ft. stewart and helpful army websites?

hi ladies!
my FI and i are commissionning as 2LTs in the army in may (so close!) and then getting married june 3rd. we're most likely going to be based at ft. stewart after MI bolc in ft. huachuca.

we're obviously both new the the whole army lifestyle thing, and it's really intimidating.
we've looked around a bit, mainly about housing info, etc, but i still feel out of the loop.
are there any websites or forums that offer some good advice for transitioning into the military life?
we know nothing about huachuca or stewart, so moving to these places is really nervewracking to me because i have no idea where to even begin on choosing housing, etc.

thanks so much!

Re: NWR: ft. stewart and helpful army websites?

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome.  I am very familiar with the area around Ft Stewart if you have questions you would like to ask.  Personally, I would live off post and outside of Hinesville.  Richmondhill and Bloomingdale are great areas and not far from the base.  Let me know if you have specific questions. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    verymegvverymegv member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks! i'll probably sned you a PM if thats ok :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's fine.  I'll look out for it. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    returned
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought I was the only one in the same boat as you. My fiance reenlisted when he came back from Afghanistan in December and he's also new to Fort Stewart. I'm not sure when I'll make it down there from Baltimore but we've already started looking for a place to live. Lots of people have recommended Richmondhill to us. It's close to base and close to Savanah. I'll keep your posted on what we find.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very familiar with Ft. Stewart.  Feel free to email me about it!  Richmond Hill is great, but also check out Georgetown.  :)  
  • Options
    forrma7forrma7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_nwr-ft-stewart-helpful-army-websites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:77fe4040-1ffe-44dc-9493-7342282f46dfPost:c46f6dc0-9dbc-4ad4-a178-88ab76212324">Re: NWR: ft. stewart and helpful army websites?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Very familiar with Ft. Stewart.  Feel free to email me about it!  Richmond Hill is great, but also check out Georgetown.  :)  
    Posted by WickedSweetTea[/QUOTE]

<div>i PMed you :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards