Military Brides

Hump Day Open Letter

My local board does this (although it's not super active) so I thought we could try it here.
Let's here those minivents for the week!

It's done like this for example:

Dear MIL,
stop doing x,y,z to ruin my ___ . Not cool.

Re: Hump Day Open Letter

• edited December 2011
    Dear fellow Navy wife,
    You are driving me BSC. I don't want to invite you to the wedding, but I feel like we have to because of "politics". You're miserable, and this has kept me up all night thinking about it. Now it's almost 7am and I haven't slept a minute. Thanks for ruining my precious sleep with your pettiness.

Dear Sleep,
    wth?!! 

:P

Anyone else?
  • LetsHikeTodayLetsHikeToday member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear school,

I already have 29 kids in my class. Stop adding more!!!!

First- Don't invite her. Seriously. If you dont want to, don't do it!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Problem is, Fi and I both LOVE the husband. He is an awesome guy and loves us both too. He hates the dumb drama that happened A YEAR AGO! (seriously.. woman.. a year.. ). AND they live right down the road from us. Fi and he carpool all the time. I don't want things awkward for him, but I have tried sooo hard with her, and she has just been completely awful to me. Fi wishes we could invite him without her..

Dear Etiquette,
    Why do you have to exist?!!?

lol

wow 29 is quite a few kids! Is your school just that busy, or is it budget cut related?
    edited December 2011
    Ouch!

Well then just invite them and I promise you, you won't even notice her day of!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Dear guy I work with,

Quit screwing me over on my territory I have to sell too. You somehow got all the big accounts and your list is twice as long as mine. I can't wait for Annette to do the numbers and see some of your accounts come to me so it's even
  • KendallR10KendallR10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear my leader,
     I don't want to hang out with you, call you, or talk to you every single day. I have an FI and I need some me/ us time. You have an FI too. Spend sometime with him instead of work. Thanks :] 
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • edited December 2011
    who is your "leader"?

haha it's funny that so everyone's is work related. Just wait Kendall and zimg.. the closer you get to the wedding the more you will have some GOOD ones regarding that.. like RSVPers.. and needing time off.. and annoying vendors.. oh boy :P
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:7adc5650-8467-413b-afd8-844473a687fbPost:1f3bb29b-188e-4494-a656-912aae8bbbe8">Re: Hump Day Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]who is your "leader"? haha it's funny that so everyone's is work related. Just wait Kendall and zimg.. the closer you get to the wedding the more you will have some GOOD ones regarding that.. like RSVPers.. and needing time off.. and annoying vendors.. oh boy :P
    Posted by firsttimersluck[/QUOTE]
    Her name is shauna. She's a pretty opposite when it comes to me. <div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Military Brides December 2011 Siggy. Holiday picture with your SO. We suck and don't have one :/ Those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.
  • edited December 2011

Oh, I didn't mean like.. the person's name.. I obviously don't KNOW the person. I just meant the term. To what is that referencing.. Is that like a work term for supervisor or...?

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:7adc5650-8467-413b-afd8-844473a687fbPost:083b77f2-3bb3-44ed-9a01-3e753cf9e3f7">Re: Hump Day Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I didn't mean like.. the person's name.. I obviously don't KNOW the person. I just meant the term. To what is that referencing.. Is that like a work term for supervisor or...?
    at work we are on teams. You start at the bottom. <div>
    </div><div>So its </div><div>trainee <me</div><div>leader<her</div><div>leader with leaders</div><div>leaders with leaders and trainees</div><div>Assistant manager</div><div>manager</div>
    edited December 2011
    Kendall- What's your job?

Here's another:

Dear Life,

Stop being so expensive. Pretty please.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear random Romanian lady,

I get you've been working for this company for 2 years... in Romania.  But your English isn't as good as you think it is, and I'm usually incredibly patient with linguistical boundaries.  But you expect me to understand you when you say, "We need to do the thing to do send to them".  What thing and send to who?!  I ask you patiently, and you just repeat yourself, "The thing, to them!"  Yeah, yeah... you're testing my patience, lady. 

Love,
    Someone who knows a thing or two about multi-lingual communication

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    LMFAO that's brilliant.. Maybe she was just super bored and tired of dealing with people so she purposefully wanted to peeve you. Either way, RUDE, but hilarious to read your letter.

So true Hike... So true.
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Dear 6:30am CrossFit Trainers,

You suck.  Not everyone is already monstrously fit.  Some of us are trying to get in shape and don't want to hurt ourselves.  When I tell you that I cannot do that heavy weight, why not ask me why or walk me through it to make sure I'm doing it right and am capable before you just yell at me?  I get that it works with Marines like my FI, but I could use a bit more encouraging and a bit less screaming.

You're supposed to explain the movements, not just bark them out.  You're supposed to be patient with the new members.  You're supposed to be less of an a*hole to people who pay a ridiculous amount of money to come work out at this gym.

The dude who works in the evenings is way more patient and yet gets me to do more weights than you and your piss-poor, know-it-all, stuck-up attitude.  Take that chip off your shoulder and shove it up your ***.

Hugs and kisses,
    The girl who overheated and nearly ended up in the hospital because you weren't paying any freaking attention

Anniversary

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:7adc5650-8467-413b-afd8-844473a687fbPost:f9b2fefb-c5ac-4ff3-87a9-18f7d7ab3193">Re: Hump Day Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kendall- What's your job? Here's another: Dear Life, Stop being so expensive. Pretty please.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]
    I'm a consultant on a century link campaign
  • YoungDuoYoungDuo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear Mind and Body,

As much as I love how active you are during the day, when 9 pm rolls around if you could start winding down for the day. This staying up til 1 am or later and then going to work all day is really wearing on my nerves and it's not cute. Thanks.

Love,
    The Grouch
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 204 made the cut image 122 are ready to party image 65 are being lame
    image 17 can't find the mailbox
    RSVP Date: October 20
  • edited December 2011
    ah I HATE century link right now.. They changed the name of my beloved stadium .. -_-

Dear Sun,
    Please don't go away. :( We were having such wonderful sunny 70s weather for the past month and a half.. I'm not ready for cold rainy fall yet :(
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh, one more, since I'm feeling extra noodgy today...

Dear FI,

I know you are crazy busy and have 30 hours of work to fit into every 24 hour day, plus find time to sleep, but I'm getting sick of you finding excuses for the very simple things I've asked you to do. 

The start of the summer, I gave you two tasks - get your full guest list figured out (full names, not nicknames, titles, addresses, whether they have a significant other and their full name) and call tent rental places for estimates. 

You waited until yesterday to send out a mass Facebook message to all your friends and family asking them for their address, when I specifically asked you to email them individually or call them.  Then I still don't know full names, titles, or significant others. 

And you haven't called the tent rental place, and I'm getting fed up and about to do it myself.  This is your wedding, too, and not all the wedding tasks are fun like registering for gifts.  Sure, sure, we have a year, but you have had 3 months to do this, and we are planning for Labor Day weekend so some tent companies probably will book up early.  I don't want to find out that the cheapest option booked up during this time you've spent twiddling your thumbs. 

Try to put your wedding on a slightly higher priority because I'm starting to feel like you don't care about it or all the work I've put into it.

Love,
    Your overly patient fiancee who is about to go bridezilla on you

Anniversary

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:7adc5650-8467-413b-afd8-844473a687fbPost:bbe73b20-a75a-46b3-bfc5-a234d9876b3b">Re: Hump Day Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>ah I HATE century link right now.. They changed the name of my beloved stadium</strong> .. -_- Dear Sun, Please don't go away. :( We were having such wonderful sunny 70s weather for the past month and a half.. I'm not ready for cold rainy fall yet :(
    It doesn't sound right... I hate that too. I do love them because here comcast was the only option before.. now we have fiber :]
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah.. I'll get over it.. It's just hard to let go of a name you like already.. but now we have the "clink" and the "safe"
    So that's kind of amusing.

Calindi, next week we should do one just for letters to the Fis/Hs. Seriously. That would be entertaining.

Dear Fi,
    I can't believe you got so into your video game last night that you opened the bottle of wine my uncle's gf specially made for me for my birthday a few months ago. Thanks champ. It was nice to come home and see that.
  • edited December 2011
    Ouch ftl that sucks. Im making sangria with a friend this weekend but I doubt FI will have much lol
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Friend/Boss lady,
    Stop being so nosey,

Thanks!

Oh - and
    Dear Vendors/TK Month Board,

Please stop reminding me that I am so far behind in booking things and stop overwhelming me. I haven't been engaged as long as you and haven't been planning my wedding since I was 5. Lay off.

Thanks!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • edited December 2011
    hahaha amh I felt the same way with TK check lists for a while. They tend to be a little earlier than what seems appropriate.. (at least for a few things.. maybe not all)

zimg. Yeah. he felt like a total d-bag when he realized. OOPS! Oh well.. It happens hah
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    FTL - funny story that might make you feel better.  My roommates and I in college used to buy lots of cheap wine and regularly share.  We'd usually ask before opening, but since we were all broke, no one ever said no - it was all cheap wine.  So one day, I texted my roommate to ask if I could open a bottle, but when I didn't hear back figured it was okay and opened it.  Only to find out that it was the bottle she and her BF brought back from their vacation to Argentina and had been given as a gift by the owner of their favorite restaurant there!  Eeeep!  I honestly didn't sleep for two days, I felt so guilty!  I even tried to contact them and have them ship a bottle, but they'd only ship cases and I couldn't afford that.  I think when they get married in a few years (which is an inevitability at this point, but they're in no rush) I'll buy them a case as a gift!

Anniversary

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have another because I'm feeling extra grouchy today.

Dear FI,

I know you are busy at work and I know you are sooo excited your long lost bud is living with you for a month. However, when I plan to take off work (and I NEVER get to take off) and we make plans to spend those days together, I'm not super excited when you change the plans. So your friend is going to be working, there is no real reason to be at the apartment while he's at work. He's a big boy and I promise he won't burn it down. I'm not mad, just frustrated, but I'll love you still.

Love,
    Trying to be Understanding FI
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    oh man calindi that sucks! I would be the same way with the no sleeping.. That will make an amazing wedding gift though!!

Aww young I'm sorry :(
  • melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear fellow medical student,

Stop jumping in and answering every single question the doctors ask me about MY patient. I'm not an idiot, and I do actually know the answer. So kindly STFU.

FTL, I love this idea for a post Smile
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_hump-day-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:7adc5650-8467-413b-afd8-844473a687fbPost:fbc3ee6a-e896-471c-be5f-db55d9f3c57c">Re: Hump Day Open Letter</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dear fellow medical student, Stop jumping in and answering every single question the doctors ask me about MY patient. I'm not an idiot, and I do actually know the answer. So kindly STFU. <strong>FTL, I love this idea for a post
    </strong>Posted by melbelle24[/QUOTE] Ditto this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Dear fb "friend",

You're about one status post away from being defriended.  You're on your freaking honeymoon.  Please stop posting what you're doing every second of the day and enjoy your time with your new husband.

Love,
    Your soon to be ex-fb friend.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Dear Obnoxious lady with the smokers cough & insane BO who sits behind me in math-
    First, COVER YOUR EFFING MOUTH, I'm tired of feeling spittle on the back of my neck, having to shower as soon as I get home, and doing laundry a million times a week.
      Second, Get yourself a nicotine patch, some deodorant, loofah & shower gel.  Third, use them. All. Multiple times. Lastly, When I move seats, don't move with me.

Thanks,
    Someone with personal hygiene
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards