Military Brides

Divine! Question for you!

I know you moved to the SA area and I was wondering if you used any kind of locating service to find the best place to live. I may be moving sooner than expected and I don't even know where to begin looking for housing. Any tips/help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA!

Re: Divine! Question for you!

• Sure thing. After we researched what FI's BAH would be, we started looking around. I used apartments.com and rent.com, I did look over the base website to see if they recommended anything, but, honestly I found a lot of stuff on my own. I don't know what base you're at (there are 3 or 4 in the area and I don't remember which branch your FI is in) just look in that area. FI is at Randolph, which is in Universal CIty, just northeast of SA, so I limited my search to NE SA. Ideally we wanted no more than 20 minutes for him to get to work, and that was the start point. 

After that we just went through the basics of what we wanted and I found about 10 places that hit some or all of it. I would recommend setting your budget first and then looking. Apartments here can be really really nice or kind of sketch, you really need to have someone here to look. Also, I'm one of those people who prefers to be either in the suburbs where everything is kind of built up around me or in the city where I have access to things, decide which is important to you. I do not recommend living downtown, it's pretty far away from what you'll be looking for and a bit expensive. Northeast and northwest are pretty nice from what I've seen. 

Also, SA is a city of highways. You'll want to be near at least a couple of them. There's a loop running around the city that makes it a little easier, but  pretty much anywhere outside of going to the store, you're going to take the highway or interstate. 
  • Thanks so much! :) I gotta get started on this right away, I'm actually transferring schools and hopefully FI can transfer to SA as far as military goes and finally get this job he's been after :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards