Military Brides
Options

Shipping out in 42 days...

Here's a twist...I'm the one in the military.
I'll be going to boot camp for 9 weeks, in Oklahoma. Then I'll be in Georgia for job training for 26 weeks and 3 days.
I leave in 42 days...
He proposed to me...about a year ago, technically.
We're planning on 'planning' this wedding while I'm actually in training. That way, when I get stationed, we'll know for sure where we want the wedding, and we'll have almost everything completely planned out.
But now I'm trying to figure out if it's better to wait to plan everything, due to lack of information and resources, or if it's okay to try to plan things if we're not technically 'together'.
It sounds like a stupid question, but it's not like I have a natural abiity to know about weddings...
Besides, I'm not a girly-girl(obviously), and that doesn't help at all in many situations like these.

Thanks for any and all consideration. ^^

Re: Shipping out in 42 days...

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Not that you shipping to Basic is that important to the enemy, but read up on OPSEC for future reference.

From someone who has been through training, don't plan on doing much planning while you are away.  Put it off until you get to your duty station.  You may get stationed somewhere and find out you are shipping out for a deployment 30 days later.  Not to mention, you're going to be pretty dang busy for quite a while. 

I'm guessing you are going commo since you are doing AIT in GA.  Go over to MN on the Nest and page BEB or BBgurl.  They will tell you about training in that area.  You will have some time on the weekends and some evenings at some point, but not enough time to plan an entire wedding. 

Seriously, it's the last thing you need to worry about right now.  If you have time, you could find the flowers and such that you like.  The when's, where's and how's really need to wait until you are at your first duty station. 

GL and have fun at training. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OrbManson7OrbManson7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you. ^^
    And, actually, I'll be working with electricity and, more specifically, helicopter technology.
  • Options
    kass08kass08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What branch are you going?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OrbManson7OrbManson7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uhm...the Army?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly put off the planning, especially if you are considering having the wedding at your first duty station.  You can find ideas after you are done with boot camp.  While at boot camp you are not going to have any resources (ie: magazines, internet) you are going to want to help you look for/find ideas.  Plus its difficult planning a wedding when you are not in the area, and what you are about to go through you don't want/need the added stress.  But good luck and congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards