Military Brides
Options

Welcome-Home Wardrobe HELP!

So I have been trying to come up with something to wear to greet my husband when he steps off the bus after deployment...and I'm stumped! Do I go fancy and wear a spring dress, or do I just dress up some nice jeans with a dressy top?? Or...any other ideas? For those of you that have had the 'welcome home experience' before, what is the 'norm' for the wives? Thanks ladies!
wedding countdown Brittany&Nate 1.9.10 Our Wedding Site Our Planning Bio

Re: Welcome-Home Wardrobe HELP!

• Options
    arb0704arb0704 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wear a nice pair of blue jeans (or whatever you normally wear casually) and a cute low-cut top. The key here is to wear something comfortable but sexy.  Most wives just wear something that shows off whatever their husbands find most attractive on them. I like to cover all areas so I wear a pair of tight jeans and something low cut! :) I hope this helps! If you need anything else feel free to e-mail me at arb0704@ecu.edu.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore a pair of designer dark washed jeans(I splurged for his homecoming), a nice low cut long sleeved black top (it was Feb. in TX), and a pair of really cute flats.  I had a hard time figuring out what I was going to wear too, so I decided to go with what I would wear out to a casual dinner.  And I wanted to make sure I was comfortable so I could jump on him as soon as I saw him.  I hope that helped! And congratulations on the homecoming, it's one of the best feelings having them in your arms again!
  • Options
    kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm no help because I haven't had a homecoming yet....but I have a had quite a few reunions after training and stuff.

And like the girls said, comfortable yet sexy. Not too over the top because I think they tend to frown on that.

Congrats on the homecoming!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The first HC I wore a mini skirt and flats. I was fairly comfortable, but even though it was Spring and CA, it got late and I got cold. The next time I wore jeans and a tank (it was July). Also, if you want to jump on him, dresses can give people views you don't want them to see.
    I hate Dave Ramsey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards